Chapter 4

The door to the the twin's room was slightly open, and she peered through the crack.

What she saw made her freeze.

She saw Lucía fussing angrily at the twins, who had backed up into a corner, looking up at her in fear.

They gripped onto each other tightly as she grabbed Felipe by the back of the shirt.

She threw Felipe back down on the floor.

However, Oscar helped break his fall by putting his arms on the ground where Felipe was landing.

"Imelda will leave you two." Lucía snarled. "She will leave you because you can't cook, can't even clean with out throwing up."

Lucía hit Oscar, who was trying to protect his younger twin Felipe.

"I know you keep getting sick because of the poison..." Lucía said with a smirk. "But, maybe, I shouldn't put so much of it in your food...."

Oscar and Felipe looked hopefully at each other.

"Just kidding!" Lucía said. "You might die if I keep putting poison in your food!"

Oscar and Felipe looked at each other in horror.

Imelda was about to attack Lucía, when the door bell wrung.

Imelda quietly ran to her room, which was across from Oscar and Felipe's.

"You two." Lucía said. "Act normal, or there WILL be consequences."

Oscar and Felipe flinched, and nodded.

Lucía went downstairs to answer the door, the twins shuffling behind her.

"Holá, Ms. Lucía." Imelda heard Héctor say from downstairs. "Is Imelda home?"

Imelda went to look down from upstairs at them.

Héctor noticed Imelda, but she put her index finger over her lips, shaking her head.

So, Héctor pretended he didn't see her.

"I'm afraid not." Lucía said, shutting the door. "Come by later."

However, Héctor saw the twins looking unusual.

"Maybe they need help with something, but don't know how to ask Imelda or Lucía." Héctor thought. "Maybe I can help them."

"Could I come in and wait for Imelda?" Héctor asked, the twins suddenly looking hopeful.

Lucía sighed impatiently.

"Fine." She said.

14 year old Héctor sat on the couch.

"I promised Imelda I would do lawn care." Lucía said. "I will be right back."

Lucía shot the twins and evil, threatening glare.

"Why don't you two come with me?" Lucía told the twins.

The twins looked at her in horror, then in despair at Héctor.

Héctor shrugged, signaling for them to follow Lucía.

The twins slowly nodded, and followed Lucía out the door.

As soon as the door was closed, Imelda stomped downstairs to Héctor.

"Mi amor, what's going on?"Héctor asked Imelda.

"I'll tell you what's going on." Imelda said, gritting her teeth. "Lucía's been abusing the twins for a year now without me knowing it!!!"