Fury's Act Finale

"Le Gentilhomme Aimant Sans Pitié"
Lockwood x Lucy

Lockwood and Co. Series

Summary: What happened with La Belle Dame Sans Merci, but reverse.

Sequel: Caravan of Fortune

————Lockwood————

Everything was still quiet as I ran up the stairs of the auditorium. Last time I spoke to Lucy she said she'd be patrolling the upper levels of the theatre. Which honestly, meant she could be anywhere! With all the staff passages and corridors it was impossible to predict where she would pop out of, but I needed to find her, and if I had to run through each hall to find her then so be it!

I started walking around the highest circle and ran into Kipps.

"Where's Lucy?" He asked me. I stopped dead on my tracks.

"That's what I was going to ask you"

"Did she tell you where she was going?"

"When?"

"When you were with her just now" I stared at him, my mouth opening slowly.

"Quill, I haven't seen her in ages" I noticed how he paled under those enormous goggles, his mouth slackening.

"But...you were with her on one of the private balconies a moment ago. You were" He whispered accusatory "You beckoned her. She followed you towards the door"

"Wasn't me, Quill"

We stared at each other and unsheathed our rapiers from our belts. We dashed on the direction I had come from and to the stairs.

"How long ago was this?"

"Only a few minutes, I was on the second level balcony when I saw you guys"

"Only it wasn't me with her" I replied as we bolted upstairs to the highest private balconies "What made you think it was me? Did you see my face?"

"No, not your face. There was something about his manner that was so like you" He mused for a moments as we doubled on a corner "Maybe it was his posture, or the way it seemed to loom over her, I don't know! It was very shadowy"

I cursed.

"As I said, it resembled you somehow"

"Well, at least now we can be sure he was once an actor!" We arrived to the booth's corridor and looked around for any sign of Lucy "Which booth was it?"

"How do I know, they're not leveled from the outside"

"Dammit Kipps!" I ran to the nearest booth, running around the chairs. I took a moment to calm myself and push back the panic that was now starting to surface me. Kipps appeared at my side and we both peered over the edge of the wood railing.

"She could be anywhere!"

"No..." My mind brightened with realization "No Quill, we've been so blind! There is a pattern to his acting! He was leading Charity Budd towards the stage, Sandra Morrison was on the stage! He died on the stage, Quill, if he's got Lucy, he'll take her there!"

"He already has..." I followed Kipps' gazed towards the stage and saw he was right; Lucy was just walking out of the wings. Her movements were smooth but too unhurried, lazy, and placid. Before her, a little distance away, a shadowy man moved across the wood boards, leading her.

"Lucy!" I hollered her name in my best attempts to snap her out of her daze as Kipps turned around and ran out of the balcony. I knew he was going for the stairs to try and get there, but I also knew he wouldn't make it on time. Lucy didn't hear me, however, she still wandered after the man.