Regis | Honeymoon

Prompt #7 : "Happy honeymoon, darling."

Today had been the best day of my life, as cliché as that might sound. Don't all women say that their wedding day is the most beautiful moment and an absolute milestone in their entire existence? To me right now, not a word of it had seemed like a lie. It felt as if I had been walking on clouds since the second I arose from my bed this morning. It had been incredible. I had married the man of my dreams and I could lawfully call myself (Y/n) Godefroy from this day forward. Of course, Regis had an entire string of names that could either serve as a middle or last name, so I decided just to take this one on. There were friends and family, there was music and food, all prepared at the Ducal court of our Duchess Anna Henrietta, who had been excited since the moment I told her I got engaged to the Higher Vampire, who was a dear friend of hers. With much pleasure she had served us our dream wedding, and she had spared no expense. The only thing I was worried about was how I would pay it all back, but when I mentioned it to her during the banquet, she laughed louder than I had ever heard her laugh before until tears escaped her eyes while she told me how innocent and confused I looked. It was a Ducal gift, one I would never be able to repay in any way, but she insisted.

And right now, I sat on the bed of the honeymoon room, another gift from our mutual friend to spend our first night together as husband and wife in utmost luxury. My fingers were nervously fiddling with some silk of my dress, awaiting Regis' arrival. I had no idea what had made me become in this state. It wasn't like it was the first time I had sex with Regis, but it felt like something would be different. Perhaps it would even be more intimate, the true start of perhaps a family. My own family has had trouble by accepting that I was getting married to a centuries old vampire, but they agreed in the end, Regis' receiving my fathers blessing before proposing to me. Of course I had said yes, since there was no one else in the world alongside whom I could feel truly happy.

My eyes shot up as the door opened and I gulped nervously. 'Dearest, sorry I am a bit late, but I... I had to fetch something.' With his back turned to me, the vampire entered the room, kicking the door shut before moving, still backwards, further inside. 'What are you doing?' I asked curiously, since it was clear he was hiding something from me. 'Just... Close your eyes!' He urged, looking over his shoulder to see me. His eyes shimmered as they found my form. 'Ah, you're so beautiful.' I blushed, smiling as I closed my eyes as he ordered. 'Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself, Regis.' The sound of him shuffling some things on the dresser was audible. I heard a loud pop and a surprised sound from Regis. 'All is well, dearest, don't you worry.' I heard him click his tongue the way he sometimes did when something threatened to go wrong, for example during his experiments. 'Regis, dear, do you really want me to pretend I don't know you're having a bottle of champagne there?' A sigh of defeat left his lips as I opened my eyes, grinning at the sight of him with two glasses in his hands. 'I erm... It spilled a bit.' Just now I noticed the massive stain on the table, partially on the wall. 'I am sure Anna Henrietta will not mind.' I assured him, standing up slowly before approaching him. He handed me one glass, smiling sweetly as I took it. 'Happy honeymoon, darling.' he said, raising his drink in the air. 'Happy honeymoon, dear.' I cooed, clinking my glass against his before we both took a swig. I closed my eyes, humming lowly as the strong beverage tingled in my throat. 'That's good...' Regis nodded, his hand reaching for mine. I softly squeezed it, my gaze falling upon the wedding band that he wore around his finger now, and a nice feeling settled in the pit of my stomach.

'Again, you look beautiful in that dress, dearest wife (Y/n)... You look like a goddess.' The Higher Vampire whispered after finishing the alcohol. I felt the heat spread through my cheeks as he leaned closer, kissing my forehead. 'Call me that again.' I answered. 'You're beautiful, dearest wife, goddess...' I wrapped my arms around his waist, inhaling his scent that, even though he was wearing a brand new attire, it smelt like him, the usual mixture of herbs that was supposed to hide his identity as a Higher Vampire, yet I loved it on him. I felt him bury his nose in my (h/c) hair, which I had already pulled the veil from. The curls that the maids of Anarietta had put in it with so much care, were partially gone. 'The middle part, I meant.' I purred, looking up at him, kissing his jawline. 'Dearest wife (Y/n).' I grinned. 'That's what I like to hear, sweet husband of mine.'