19

Chapter 19: The Choice Of A Lifetime

Warning: Sudicial!!! And Dramatic!!!

I looked over the blanket warily and saw Luke laying there on top of Thalia as he kissed her. Thalia made moaning sounds as Luke ripped off her shirt and threw it behind him without a backwards glance. I took a step back and almost tripped over Percy, he didn't catch me like I thought he would, but he did stop my fall with his body. They paused in their kissing but we got out the door just in time, unnoticed by both.

I put my head against the door after it was shut and closed my eyes. Percy put a hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off and turned my face away from him. "Annab-Trish?" he asked.

I bit my lip and shook my head. "I'm sorry, Per-Sal I need some time to think things through. We need a break." I said.

My own words hurt me but I couldn't be with Percy if my feelings were all mixed up, it wouldn't be fair to him. I began my ascent up the stairs when his voice rang out with misery clearly evident in it. "Don't do this, Anna. I love you. Please, don't do this."

"That's not my name," is the only thing I can say. "Not now, anyway."

I walked up the stairs and onto the deck, I leaned against a wall in the back and slowly fell down it. My tears began to fall and my nose started to burn, my chest heaved with every strangled sob that forced its way out.

I had to make a choice.

Black hair or blonde hair.

Scar or no scar.

Green eyes or blue eyes.

Betrayal or no betrayal.

Love or lust.

I wanted so bad to have it all, both of them.

But I couldn't.

And it was desiscion time.

Except the desicison I would have to make would hurt me and my black haired god. I should just end it all now. That's what would be the best choice of all. Win-win for everyone. No choice, no pain.

I gathered my will and brought my knife to my neck.

I pressed it gently until a single drop of blood fell onto my skirt.

Then it was wrentched from my hand and thrown far away. I watched it clang to the ground 50 feet from where I sat. I felt myself begin to faint from all the stress and hyperventilation. I looked up and the last thing I saw before my blackout was a girl standing above me with a grimace and a frown on her face.

Then you heard one last thing. "You stupid girl. You can't just kill yourself, your life is far too valuable, Annabeth."

Black out.