Chapter 2: Lemon

^^ A painting of what my best friend thinks of Lemon. That is Lemon without horns. (Her eyes are there just zoom in)

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.

~Marcus Aurelius

~~~~~

Age: 22

Date: Ioúlios XX, XXXX

Lemon's P.O.V

I walk down the grassy road with food inside my brown bag which was designed to go around my body.

I just came back from the marketplace in the kingdom of Vélgio to get more food for the house. Others might say it was a 'panéfkolo'. Well, when you can't talk that is a problem. For years I have not made a squeak. I am still wondering when my voice will come back. But, right now, I do not care if it will come back or not. I am happy as to where I am today.

Now, other creatures may be wondering 'how did you get those foods without arms'? Well, when you have powers you can do a lot of things. All of us have powers. There is only 1% to none of us who don't have powers, yet. Me, well I learned I had powers at the age of 13.

Normally, before the younggins become older, they go through a stage called 'Efiveía'. When you have that, your body illuminates itself. Meaning, you have your powers. There are different kinds of powers when you have different kinds of lights.

My light was the color Kanaríni. That means that I have telekinesis powers. This helped me a lot.

So that is how I have my powers.

Continuing on my walk, I passed many houses from big ones to regular ones. But my house wasn't part of this kingdom. No, my house is part of the dark forest beside it.

They say that the dark forest is scary, but it wasn't that bad. It was only dark.... Nothing else. They say that there would be creatures that will hunt you if you step foot there, but when I first came here nothing happened. So I made my house here. No creature noticed it and I was glad.

So I, alone, lived here ever since.

Before that big event happened.

I went up the stairs going to the tree house and stepped inside. I used my powers to put my bag down beside me. I looked around and saw everything was fine.

Too fine...

I stay still, closed my eyes, and waited for the impact.

"LEMON"

A little creature hugged me from behind and we both went down.

"TIMBEEERR"

My face hit the floor and this soon to be tickled creature landed beside me, laughing.

"Why do you always torture me every time I go outside"?! I say in exasperation.

"Oh please, you have your powers to know where I am. You let me do this to you" She says like it was the most obvious thing.

Another thing about the powers is that you can have two. The scary thing is, is that you can have an infinite amount of powers. But I heard that there is only one creature that has more than 10 powers. That is why I am part of those who have two, which is still normal. The light that illuminated was Apaló ble. It makes me have the power to detect creatures.

"Anyway what kind of food did you bring this time," She says curiously

"Well I was going to share it with you, but now that you made me fall..." I say teasingly