The Lonely Track

Requested by 

Angst Soukoku

Hope you like it! ^^

Blue sky.

Blue eyes.

The sun shone upon the red hair.

What a beautiful scenery today.

And then darkness.

Blood all over him.

"Oi, bandage freak."Chuuya said,"Wake up." Snap. Dazai is back to reality. "Aw come on, chibi. I just had the best dream and you ruined it."

"You better wake up or I'll make you dream forever, I have to work after this."

"Then cancel it for meeeee" Dazai pouts. Chuuya sighed and asked, "What did you dream just now?" The bandaged man grinned and said, "Ohh, I just had a beautiful dream where I did a double suicide with a gorgeous young lady." "Didn't you get bored dreaming that again? You always dream about that, nothing else."said the executive.

Then Dazai yawned,"Didn't you get bored drinking wine? You always drink that, it makes me sick of it." Chuuya laughed,"Well, at least it makes me feel better than you do." Chuuya got up and walked away, "I gotta work." Dazai twitched, and holds Chuuya's hand."Wait! I..." Chuuya was confused and turned over, "Huh? What is it?"

"I just wanted to tell you that you need to grow taller."

Whoops.

Dazai flew over with a bleeding nose and a punch mark on his chin. Although Dazai had a bad hunch in his mind, he still can't let it out. He worried that the dream may come true. Why didn't I stop him? That's what he said in his mind over and over. He walked back to the agency building with his head low and regret.

<<Time Skip>>

The next day, Dazai strolled around the city. He was too lazy to attend the agency's meeting and maybe he'll buy sake or try some suicide methods. He walked to the park, where Chuuya often sits under the trees at the time. But he isn't there. Hmmm, he got a bonus work today? That's odd. Dazai felt the bad hunch all over him again, he began to walk towards the harbor.

While he walked near the harbor, he heard a loud explosion. An evil laughter following it. Dazai ran approaching the explosion, only to see Chuuya was out of control. His body and face was covered in blood and wounds. It must've been long since the corruption began, as many bodies lying all over the bunder.

Dazai quickly ran into him, nullifying the corruption. Chuuya fell and caught by Dazai, unconscious and full of wounds. Dazai carried him to the nearest hospital. The doctor said that Dazai can go home first and that he may visit him if the doctor informed so. Dazai was so shocked that he can only pray. Two days later, he visited Chuuya and met Kouyou in the waiting room.

A few hours later, the doctor came to them. "You have my utmost apology. We did the best we could." Dazai entered the room and saw Chuuya lie on the bed, eyes closed, with no breath.

"I'm so sorry Chuuya. If only...If only I warned you that time... You would've been alive until now... Please forgive me..."

"Farewell, Chuuya."

After that, Dazai went for a walk, gazing the stars.

As I walk in this fleeting world, the town that has thrown away yesterday changes its face.

If that is so, then why do I keep breathing in this unchanging feeling?

I reach out repeatedly.

Once again, I chase my "wish" that slips through.

As I roam this never-ending today,

I wait impatiently for the dawn that exists somewhere.

If I can't even grasp the meaning of life,

then I'll say to this worthless night, good bye.

But even though I think so... I'm still here.

I wish for a magnificent and bright end, but the curtain hasn't dropped yet.

Honestly, it's alright, isn't it?

I'm sick of this repeating melancholy inside my head.

It's just inevitable that I wish for the end.

The tainted past, too, begone!

I want to tell everyone it is I, I that have failed.

Isn't there anyone to take my hand and cease existing together?

I hold the feeling that an attempt isn't enough.

Days darkening in the setting sun are endless.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I'm sorry if it's not as good as you think ;-;