Chapter Eight ~ Senior's Trip

Even with a high wind advisory and rain flooding the streets, our school manages to keep their word for our Senior Class School Trip. The school's been fundraising for this trip since early last year. The trip is out of town, to the far south of our state, a log cabin where there's skiing, fishing, saunas, and even hot tubs! The south of our state got hit with a load of snow. Just what I want, an early winter, really? Anyways, I sit currently on one of the black buses that is driving us over the highway. I can hear everybody planning, and gossiping. I sit next to Spencer and his new girlfriend. Yeah, guess they made it official after homecoming. She keep glancing at me though, worried I'm jealous or something. When I look over to them both though, it feels like I'm sitting with two giants. They are the same exact height, it's scary.

"So, Tracey Smith, I was told Spencer had a mad crush on you?" The blonde giant asks.

"Uh, yeah." I awkwardly look to Spencer.

"Um, how about we play I Spy you guys? No need to talk about silly things." Spencer smiles trying to pray with his eyebrows.

"Spencer, it's really alright. I'm not upset about it."

"Really?"

"Yes really. It's over, and I'm just glad Tracey could sit with us. While you sit right in between us both.." She lowers her eyes, looking glum.

I have to say something, "hey, Spencer is like my older brother. Nothing more. Let's just start over. I'm Tracey, you are?" Since I accidently forgotten her name.

"I'm Carley Winters."

"Winters! Ha, I'm sure you'll feel right at home once we get to the cabin." I try to joke but it just makes her look at me hurt like. "Uh, I didn't mean to offend you! I was just..joking..sorry!" I just shut my mouth and turn to my window.

Spencer turns to Carley with his sweet smile to try persuade her, "she didn't mean anything by it, Carley. She has a hard time being a normal human being." I glare at him evilly making that comment. "Anyways, it'll be great! You and I," he plants his arm around the back of her smooth like. "We'll have the best trip."

"Yeah..I know that Spencer. Just know, that I feel secure with you. I know you would never leave me for a girl like her anyways." She smirks and presses her lips onto his.

"I'm gonna puke." I turn away feeling like a third wheel. Why did I agree to sit next to them both? Oh yeah, all because Spencer was too nervous to sit with her alone!

The two continue to smooch one another up until the bus starts pulling over into the woods. Everybody starts to cheer with excitement, and even ready to leave their seats. I know that I'm more than ready to.

A teacher from our school gets up from a seat, she hushes everybody so she can give us directions. "Alright everybody, orderly line! No shoving or fighting out of the buss. Once you exit the bus then you'll be directed by Mr. Gee who is outside right now. He'll show you inside the cabin." She gets off the bus first and immediately everybody starts pouring out of the bus seats.

I'm in the window seat, so of course I'll be last out while Spencer and Carley exit together. Only a few students left in line, I spot Charlie third last in the line. He smiles quietly and waves to me. I wave back. He makes it to my seat and makes room for me to get in front of him. "You might as well get in front of me. Some of the senior last in line keep farting."

"Okay, thanks hero."

I get in front of him, and the line moves smoothly.

Once I get outside, I can feel the cold air brush onto my hair.

"Okay, everyone inside! Apparently there's going to be a winter storm incoming for the town. Let's all get inside and get cozy!" Mr. Gee yells out.