Chapter Sixteen ~ Maxine Meado

Charlie and I invite both Spencer and Jules to the ice skating rink that's uptown. I haven't ice skated since I was twelve years old, so I'm excited that Charlie wants to show me how. He's ice skated loads of times before, he even told me he was on the hockey team before. I never knew he was in other sports clubs before high school. It has always been him giving advice to sports players rather than actually playing for a sport at high school. So, I'm glad I'm going to get to see a different side of him today.

Jules and Spencer seem happy enough to join us, I know they've been having a hard time lately. I'm just glad the two can show up and skate with us.

We walk inside and the rink is huge, the outside of it having arcade games and snack machines. I feel Charlie's fingers slip over mine, he's smiling over to me.

"You ready?" He asks.

"Of course I'm ready!"

Charlie and I quickly go to change our shoes into the skates. While Spencer and Jules stand by awkwardly alone. We rush ourselves onto the rink, but I quickly grab a hold of Charlie's arm so I don't fall. We both are grinning as we try skating in a circle. Nobody else is here, which is peaceful and less embarrassing.

Jules crosses her arms and she watches us skate from the outside of the rink with Spencer. "You're not gonna skate either?" She glances at Spencer with the question.

Spencer softly nods, "nah. I had a bad experience ice skating when I was younger. I was the tallest kid, and everybody made fun of me as I flipped over on the ice."

"Ouch, that sucks." Jules squeezes her expression to look back to Charlie and I holding each other's hands on the rink. "They do look cute though. Luckily for Charlie, I don't hate him too much anymore."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, he's less of a pain. Since Tracey is in love with him and all that...mushy shit."

"Hah, yeah." Spencer and Jules share a quick chuckle. Spencer then leans his tall self over the bars of the rink, watching us. "I envy them though. They've got a solid relationship going."

"Yeah, same. Tracey deserves a solid one though. From all the crap she goes through, ya know?"

"Yep, agree."

Jules bounces her blue hair away from her face. She suddenly sees Spencer looking at her. His gaze strikes her to feel embarrassed. They two both look away nervously.

"Uh, sorry. I was just.."

"Being a creepo?" She asks with an awkward chuckle.

"Yeah..sorry."

I turn around to look at the two, and wave to them. They wave back but I then twirl back to hold Charlie's hand. "Aren't they adorable??" I ask quietly to Charlie. He nods with a quiet smile along.

Jules lets out a sigh, "E.J and I really weren't meant to be anyways." She rests her head onto her hand. "He and I were too in sync. We didn't really share our feelings with one another, just had sex and laughed at people who wore turtlenecks during the summer time.."

Spencer grins, "wow, haha. Turtlenecks aren't that bad are they?"

"Pfft, hardly. I don't really know why we even bothered to laugh about that."

Spencer keeps his eyes on her, as she wiggle her fingers to dance on the fencing of the rink. He even notices something so intriguing about Jules.

"You have beautiful eyelashes," he says with a soft smile.

Jules quickly glances over to him, both shocked and a little interested. "Thanks, Spence." She then turns her body completely around to face him. Examining his face with her own eyes. "You've got a cute mole on the left of your neck."