Chapter Seventeen ~Birthday Dance

In a deep sleep, I'm cozied up with my blanket in bed. I could touch my window easily over the back of my head. The light of the sun hitting me, I wake, trying to grip the blinds to shut them. I flatten my arm over my side, but feel someone else's arm lying over my waist. I widen my eyes open and turn to see Charlie is cuddled close up to my back. I chuckle under my breath, forgetting that Charlie snuck inside of my bedroom last night. I grin seeing his eyes lightly opening. "Hi," I whisper as I turn completely around to face him.

He lets out his own grin to me, "hey."

"I'd love to get use to this..but my parents will actually kill us both if they found us."

Charlie leans over and grips my waist for a deep morning kiss. I smile inside and out to the feeling of him.

He pulls softly away, "last night was amazing too."

"It was...but you really need to sneak out of here now."

"Aw, okay love." He sits up, grabbing his jeans that are smothered in between the bed and side table.

"Love, huh?" I scoot over to get up from the bed.

"Yeah, you like the nickname?"

"I mean, yeah. It's just, a surprise."

He pulls on his pants, and carefully gets up to hold my body from behind. "Glad you like it, love." Another soft kiss hits my ear.

"Mmm, you are so going to get us in trouble."

"Hey, I'm eighteen and your nineteen. What's the harm? I think we're old enough to make love." He nuzzles my neck lightly with his lips.

"I know, but I still live with them..They'll even make me sit for the sex talk again."

"Again?"

"Yeah, they tried to before."

"Well," I meet Charlie's eyes as he spins me to look at him. "I can give you the talk, well, show you..."

I burst out giggling as he tries to kiss me. Holding each side of him, I cuddle my head onto his chest. "Maybe later tonight?" I feel his chin nod over my head. I lift my own chin, staring to his gaze. Our eyes growing closer, closer, until a sudden noise of my bedroom door opening. My legs freeze, both Charlie and I bob our eyes to face the doorway. My mother standing there with nervous eyes to us.

"I-uh. Sorry! Sorry," she says and quickly leaves the room, shutting the door behind her. We then jump to grabbing our clothes to pull them on. Our speed so quick. We can hear my mom speaking outside of the door. "I was..just going to wake you up for school. I thought your alarm clock had broken again."

I pull on my shirt, now fully clothed, both Charlie and I open up the bedroom door to face my mom. "I am so sorry mom! I-"

"Sh, hun. You..don't have to explain, anything." She's cringing her expression but quickly puts on a calm smile to us. "You're..both going to be adults soon. I..understand."

I glance to Charlie nervously, but he just pats his neck. "Uh, thanks Mrs. Smith. We..appreciate that."

"Just don't make this..a habit. Alright? Especially when your family is living here."

"Don't make what a habit?" We all turn away from the hallway, to see my dad smiling at us. His eyes then find Charlie standing next to me. "Um, what the hell is going on here?"

"Dad..we-" Mom quickly stands in front of me to meet my dad's eyes.

"Nothing! Just Charlie showing up so early again to pick Tracey up for school." She holds my dad's arm softly, and smiles. "I was telling them not to make this into a habit. We want to spend as much time with our daughter, ya know Charlie?" She looks to Charlie.