07

My day has been pretty uneventful ever after I left Mario's penthouse. Taking the cab back to my place had taken about 15 minutes in the early Saturday morning streets. With everyone still asleep at this time of the day, unless forced to be somewhere, the streets had been relatively empty and the peace and quiet made me stop in front of my apartment upon arriving, basking in the sounds of birds in the distance and the overwhelming smell of freshly baked goods nearby. 

While enjoying the white facade of my apartment building being illuminated by the sun and the sunrays warming me up, despite the soft cold autumn breeze, I had decided to go buy myself some bagels before going back to work on the new book, and ended up buying two cupcakes as well, unable to resist my sweet tooth and the pink sparkly toppings. 

Right now I'm sitting on my counter, stretching my tired arms and fingers for a little after having written a couple of hours on the new book, my clock indicating it's well past 1pm, with a glass of orange juice and my lap-top propped up on the counter in front of me. Somehow writing always came easier to me once my apartment was spotless and organized, it made me feel free and my mind could completely engross itself in the new stories being put on screen, without experiencing the constant pressure of a deadline up ahead. Therefor I had started writing soon after coming home, completely forgetting about everything else.

I look out the window, letting out a content and relaxed sigh. During my work I had been especially focused and inspired, the release of my previous pent up lust definitely doing me some good. After the memories of last night had come back to me in the morning hours, they left me with an awkward boner to take care of, but I had allowed myself to think about the date for a little, coming to the conclusion that the absurdity of the whole thing would somehow deserve it's own short story. Over all the evening had been a nice one, one I'd be remembering for a little while to come, content with it being a comfortable memory and a new experience in my usually monotone life.

However having a sneak peak into the life of the rich and famous I realized that I would miss my average and peaceful life, not quiet comfortable with the stares and eyes on me as we had been walking out of Mariu's, the memory still sending chills down my skinny frame and making the hairs on my neck stand up.

Ripped out of my daydream about the date by my phone buzzing I instinctively go to grab it from my back pocket before remembering I had put on some cute comfortable boxer shorts upon my arrival at home and inwardly slap myself for forgetting already. I look around me, not sighting the device before my eyes land on the couch where I'd thrown it down lazily. 

With an exaggerated jump like the little predatory kitten I am, I jump on the couch to fetch my phone. Yeah- no I'm not going to grow up anytime soon in case you were wondering, after all I have a free pass for staying a cute, sassy and smexy unicorn for the rest of my life. Duh.

'Hey babe, go and hide all your stinky socks. Mario's gonna drop by in a few.' Charles text reads, a dramatic gasp leaving my dropped jaw. How dare he accuse me of stinky socks when his apartment is basically littered in dirty clothes! If anything I'm the one with an OCD issue here by the way my fingers itch to clean whenever I so much as see a dirty spot somewhere. 

Furrowing my brows together I read over the text again, this time locating the original message behind it, questions instantly popping into my head at the words on my screen. Why would Mario come over and how did he even know my address? As far as I know, with remembering all of last night again clearly, I hadn't given him my contact info or anything of the sort. Thump. obviously.. His driver had picked us up yesterday, how could I forget the awkwardness of that?! I should really worry about my head sometime later, something is definitely off, and I'm not talking about my usual loose screws.