Chapter 17: Day 10: End of a Love Story

I reached over to grab the bucket the nurse left for me but couldn't reach it. The blood was already leaving my mouth as I sat up in bed and hurled. Blood dripped out of my mouth as my stomach turned, causing more blood to squirt out of me. I cried out as I tried to reach for the nurse button but couldn't reach it.

"Help!" I yelled as the blood continued to flow out of my throat and onto the sheet.

I screamed as pain spread throughout my body and I crawled onto the floor. I threw up more blood as I curled into a ball in pain and cried. As I laid there, crying and releasing blood, my room door flew open and I was lifted up and carried to the bathroom. I rushed over to the toilet and coughed up more blood as someone came behind me and held up my hair and rubbed my back. After about 10 minutes of crying and throwing up, I flushed the toilet and crouched down next to the toilet and laid there, crying in pain as my chest ached.

"Its okay baby. Don't cry." Prince cooed, pulling me into his arms and holding me. Though I was still angry with him, I hugged back, crying into his chest. " I can't do this anymore." I cried. "It's okay baby. You can let go." He told me. I could tell he was crying without looking at him and it made me cry even more. "Why'd you lie to me?" I asked, taking my face out of his chest and looking into his eyes.

"I didn't lie to you. I'm in love with you and I didn't kiss Aariah, she kissed me." He told me seriously.

"I'd kiss you right now but I know I have blood all over me." I joked, getting up and walking over to the sink and wiping off my face.

"I have to tell you something that I think you should know and you can blame me for letting this happen." Prince said as we both walked out of the bathroom. I clicked my nurse button to get clean sheets and sat down on Prince's lap.

"When we went to the hotel room and you know." He gestured, talking about the sex we had.

"Yes. Had sex. Continue." He sighed and looked at me.

"Aariah switched your pills with Advil. That's why your sick again." He looked down as a tears started to flow out of my eyes. "You mean.... I would be fine right now if we hadn't went to the hotel room?" I asked, crying quietly.

He nodded slightly and closed his eyes.

"Well then i'm happy I get to die because I had the best night of my life." I smiled, lifting his chin and kissing him. He smiled against my lips as we kissed more.

"You called?" The nurse asked walking into the room.

"Oh yeah." I said, pulling away from Prince and standing up slowly.

"I couldn't reach the bucket and it kind of got everywhere." I admitted, showing her the sheets and the floor.

"Okay. I'll get you some new ones." She said, taking the sheets off of the bed and leaving the room.

"Can you ummm.... Can you take me outside?" I asked Prince, taking his hand.

"Yeah. Sit down." He said, pulling the wheelchair I used earlier towards me. I sat down as he wheeled me out of the room.

We got out into the garden that was behind the hospital and he rolled me over to a bench that sat in the center. He sat down on the bench and put the wheelchair next to it.

"This is beautiful." I said, admiring all the plants and butterflies in the garden.

"Yeah. It is." He said, grabbing my hand.

Just as I was about to speak, my phone started going off with a call from my dad. "Hey baby girl." He greeted.

"Hey daddy." I responded.