Chapter 2: A Draconic Fusion

Here's the second chapter. The main female character is introduced here. The complexity and system of Mega Evolution are also discussed here.

Chapter 2: A Draconic Fusion

At the entrance of Sycamore's laboratory stood two teenagers. Each holding the other's hand. One was a jet black haired boy who looked to be a few years older than Ash. His attire was similar to Ash, except the fact that his trousers were black in contrast to Ash's blue green ones. The other was a young, charming girl with elbow length, honey blonde hair and cerulean blue eyes. She was wearing a black tanktop with a pink skirt that reached just above her knee. The rest of her legs were covered by dark green leggings, reaching to her brown, ankle boots.

The girl's eyes sparked up on seeing the blonde siblings. "Clemont! Bonnie."

Clemont looked at her and smiled. "Hello Serena. Long time no see."

"Hi Serena," greeted Bonnie.

"It's so good to see you guys," claims the honey blonde. "Give me a hug Bonnie," she says, leaving her partner's hand and going onto give Bonnie a hug that she reciprocated.

"You never visit us," says Bonnie, faking annoyance.

"Awe! I'm so sorry," pleaded Serena. "I've been so busy with my showcases that I couldn't visit you guys."

"Fine," said Bonnie with a huff. "I forgive you."

Serena then noticed the ravenette. "And, who might you be?"

"Ash Ketchum," said Ash instantly, not affected by Serena's looks and charms.

Serena though, she found Ash oddly familiar. She couldn't put her words into it, but she could've sworn she saw a familiar face somewhere before. "Umm. Do I know you?" she asked hesitantly.

Ash was confused  by this. "I don't think so."

"Strange," voiced Serena. "I feel like I've seen you before."

"How could she know me?" thought Ash. "As per as memory serves, I've never hooked up with a Kalosian girl. As if I'd forget a girl this pretty."

"Must've been your imagination," said the jet black haired boy that accompanied Serena.

"Calem," said Clemont. "How've you been?"

"Fine," replied Calem rather rudely. "Had a few boring battles, but otherwise the usual."

Ash held his scarf with his right handed and lifted up to his mouth's height. Then, he breathed into it and released it, letting it fall back into its place.

Everyone watched Ash's action and though it was rather cool. Everyone except Calem that is. The jet black haired teenager found it annoying to be honest.

"Ah! Serena and Calem," came Professor Sycamore's voice. Everyone turned around and looked at the middle-aged man. On his shoulder, Pikachu was perched on, looking healthy and fit while in his grasp was a pokeball. Upon nearing the rest, Pikachu jumped onto Ash's shoulder while Professor Sycamore gave the pokeball he was holding to Clemont. "Here's your Bunellby Clemont. All is fit and fine."

"Thanks Professor," said Clemont.

"No problem," said the Professor. "So," he said, turning to Serena and Calem. "How's it going for you two?"

"Never a relaxing day Professor," said Serena tiredly.

"Ah! The life of the Kalos Queen," Sycamore said. "Never a boring day."