Chapter 13: A Trio Of Passion

It was currently lunch and Ash and Gary were walking towards the cafeteria with Pikachu on Ash's shoulder.

"You know, you've been awfully quiet today," stated Ash as he notices Gary's quiet and solemn mood which was a huge contrast to his laid back and flirty one.

Gary turns to looks at Ash and frowns. "What are you saying Ash?"

Ash gasps in shock and shakes Gary's shoulder. "What happened to you Gary? When did you start calling by my name?" He touches all around Gary's face and inspects his whole body. "Are you really Gary or someone else?" The students in the hallways were giving them weird looks.

Gary scoffs before shaking Ash off of him. "I'm not in the mood Ashy-boy."

Ash suddenly halts in his step and looks at Gary. "Okay, you're attitude is creeping me out," he said with a shudder. "What's wrong?"

Gary sighs and runs a hand through his mahogany colored hair. "Fine," he finally says. "It's Shauna."

Ash raises his eyebrows at him and Pikachu does the same. "The girl Serena mentioned yesterday?"

Gary nods at him. "We have.." he pauses for a moment before saying, "History."

The two then quietly start walking again as Ash asks, "What happened between you two?"

"I slept with her," Gary blurts out and Ash narrows his eyes at him, as if saying, 'so what?'

"You don't get it Ashy-boy," says Gary as he creases his forehead. "We were a mess."

"Tell me Gary," Ash insists. "Nothing can be worse then what happened between me and Misty." He frowned, shaking his head.

"Do you remember Trevor?" Gary asks him.

"The dude Serena mentioned along with someone called Tierno?" questions Ash.

Gary hums in response. "Hmm. The two of them were actually the first ever friends I've made in PAK."

"I'm listening," Ash said, as if telling Gary to continue.

"Trevor used to date Shauna," said Gary. "They were what you would call; 'a couple in love'" he air quotes the last part.

"So, what happened?" Ash asks him.

"I happened," he declares, frowning. "Shauna was the third most hottest girl at that time, after Serena and Dawn who were both the first," he informs Ash. "The people in the academy knew I had no chance with either Serena or Dawn, thus my target became Shauna. I never made a move on her however."

Ash quirks his eyebrows in confusion. "Didn't you say you slept with her?"

"I did," he admitted. "But I wasn't the one who initiated it."

"Huh?" Ash was utterly confused at the moment. What Gary was saying sounded gypsy to him.

Gary sighs and continues. "Even though Shauna was in love with Trevor, she was kinda attracted to me."

"What?" whisper-yells Ash.

"Yeah,"Gary mutters lowly. "We both were just sitting one day," he started with a frown. "And I don't know what happened, but the next thing I knew was that were kissing."

"That's kinda-"

"Aweful," Gary completes for Ash. "That was the worst thing I've ever done. Sure I've slept with girls that had boyfriends before, but never someone who was dating one of my friends."

Ash looks down at his feet. "So, what next?"

"Nothing happened after that kiss," Gary said. "We pretended that it never happened. But then came the time when me, Trevor, Tierno and Shauna went to a bar."