Chapter 10: An Electrocuting Battle!

"You know," said Gary as he shoved some books in his bag. "I was thinking of participating in the double battle tournament."

Ash looked at him, confused. "Double battle tournament?"

Gary hummed in response. "You know what double battles are right?"

Ash snorted at him while slinging his bag over his shoulders. "Who doesn't?" He raised an arm towards Pikachu who was sitting on the living room's coffee table. Pikachu jumped on Ash's elbow before perching on his shoulder.

"Right. So the place's hosting the tournament just before the Kalos League. And I thought I'd pick you as my partner,"  explained Gary as he and Ash headed towards the door.

"I'm in. Just don't hold me back Gare-bear."

"You can count on me not too Ashy-boy," assured Gary with a wink before they headed out.

"When are we meeting them again?" asked Ash once they started walking.

"Uh." Gary looked at his wrist watch before cussing. "Shoot! We're late. We're supposed to meet Beanie girl and Serry-berry half an hour ago."

"What?" Ash gave Gary an are-you-serious look before he and Gary picked up their pace and started running. "Damn it Gary. Why the hell does it take you two hours to get ready?"

"Because not everybody can pull off this look," Gary replied cockily, motioning to himself in his spiky mahogany hair which was gelled up and his brown top that he paired with clad jeans.

Ash rolled his eyes again. "How are you even friends them Gary?"

"Being the old man's grandson has its perks, Ashy-boy," Gary said with a smirk. "And also, I'm too tempting to resist."

"Shut up Gary." Ash scowled and glared him, causing Gary's smirk to widen.

Walking out, Ash and Gary could see the scattered amount of students on campus. Upon reaching the girls' dorms, Ash and Gary found the two exotic looking girls standing outside their dorm. 

Serena was dressed in a pink tank top and a pair of denim shorts while Dawn was dressed in a rose colored t-shirt and a pink mini skirt. Both of them finished their styles with their velvet fedora hat and white beanie respectively.

Serena and Dawn both had furious looks on their faces. They were tapping their foot impatiently on the ground and had their arms crossed in front of them.

The boys glanced at each other and gulped before approaching them.

"Where were you two?" yelled Dawn furiously. 

Ash swallowed a lump in his throat. "It was Gary's fault. He took 2 hours just to get dressed."

Gary frowned at him. "Hey! It takes time to pull of this dashing look."

Ash was about to respond when Serena retorted, "Dashing my foot Gary. We've been here for more than an hour!"

Ash gave him a look while Gary looked at his watch and his face paled. "Uh. It seems that I got the timing wrong."

"Gary..." Ash muttered frustratingly. Serena was glaring daggers at him by now.

"Let's just go to class," suggested Dawn and hooked her arm with Serena, but not before giving a you-better-watch-it-next-time look to both the boys.

As Ash walked through tiled hallways of the Pokemon Academy of Kalos, the many bystanders stopped what they were doing and gazed criticizingly at him. The many boys gave him envious looks to one with grins- thinking as if they met a new friend. The female population's reaction however, were all the same. The many girls' eyes twinkled as they looked at Ash and his drool worthy body.