3rd- Secrets [SVT]

2nd place winner for prompt: Secrets

taehyungscrystal

Chaeri's POV

I walked into the gates to hell others call the 'school gates'.

No one, and I mean no one wants to have anything to do with me here, well that is all except Wonwoo, my best and only friend.

We were very close that the kids at school often thought we were siblings or something.

Wonwoo is a very special person in my life, but I'd have to admit, in most situations like this, the girl ends up falling for the guy or something but hell no am I letting my life sound like a fairy tale.

I have eyes for a cold guy named Sehun.

He's boyfriend material as fuck but he has a girlfriend.

Not just any girlfriend, it's that bitch Eunjae, my ex best friend.

We were friends until the day I told her about my crush on Sehun and she just waltzed into this one sided love scenario and the next thing I knew, she was dating him.

Then months later, they left Seoul and I met Wonwoo.

He was a cold, emo-like guy at first, he was so mysterious that I had assumed him to be gay or something.

We never wanted to be friends in the first place, it was all because of a dumb science project that valued half of our exam grades so we had no choice but to deal with it.

We hated each other at first, getting into each others throats and stuff like that. But then when I finally found out the reason he never wanted yo be friends with anyone anymore, I felt something in me, not pity but more of a spark of care towards this cold hearted boy.

His heart was in a fancy way of speaking, frozen by his ex girlfriend who killed his best friend because she got jealous. 'You don't know what love is. ' he once told me after I told him about the situation with Sehun and Eunbitch, causing confusion to slip into my mind.

'What do you mean Wonwoo? ' I asked with. 'Of course I do. '

'You never know, you could be wrong. Love doesn't start just like that.' He replied, looking down at his feet.

'Then when does love start?' I asked once again.

'Love starts when you think it starts.' was all he said before leaving me in the deserted classroom, confused.

That leaves us to today, that question still lingers in my mind like a child, lost in the woods,all alone.

Just then, he walked pass me, with a huge smile on his face.

"Morning Chae! " he greeted happily.

"Morning, what's with all the energy? " I asked.

"It's just my mood, that's all. " he replied, obviously lying but I nodded in reply anyway.

Suddenly, the quiet-ish hallway was filled with squeals and screams of the female students here.

"Must be another 'cute' guy. " I said, quoting the word 'cute', causing him to giggle.

Just then, I saw my classmate Hyejin pass by.

"Hyejin-ah, what's going on there? " I asked.

She looked at me, confused. " You don't know? Sehun-oppa is back."