Introduction / Character Info

Looking around the studio, there are multiple screens that are plastered in my Instagram and Facebook photos. I'm filming my introduction tape for Love Island today in the ITV studios prior to the show in two weeks time.

I couldn't be more excited.

"Hi, I'm Ella, I'm 22 years old and I'm a medical student from Staffordshire."

If you could be any emoji, what would you be?

"If I could be any emoji, I'd be the cat with the heart eyes, because I can be a bit of a minx sometimes and I can fall in love really easily."

If you could be any movie character, who would you be?

"Definitely Anna Scott from Notting Hill. She's famous, has an amazing career, but just meets a normal and nice guy and they fall in love."

What is your best physical feature?

"Probably my eyes," I giggle. "Blue eyes always catch the guys, don't they? Either that, or my hair."

What would people be surprised to know about you?

"Um ... probably that I was the teacher's pet at school. Straight A's, never got a detention ... I'm the complete opposite now."

What three words best describe you on a night out?

"Fun, brave and drunk."

What three words best describe you in the bedroom?

"Oh Christ," I laugh. "Maybe ... cuddly, giddy, and passionate."

What are you like on a first date?

"Clumsy, very clumsy. Most girls are all pretty and they cut their food nicely, and I just end up spilling it down myself - might be why I'm still single!"

Finally, how are you feeling about going into the villa?

"I'm excited to find love and make some new friends. I can get a tan while I'm at it too, so it should be a good time!"

—————————

2 weeks later ...

I've been on lockdown in my hotel room for a week. Don't mistake me, the hotel room is gorgeous, but since I haven't been able to leave, it's definitely getting boring now.

All of the new Islanders have been kept in lockdown in their rooms, so no islander can meet another islander. It's a good idea I guess; it saves all the drama for when we get into the villa.

But today is the day.

Today is the day that I enter the villa. My suitcases with my clothes in have been taken and delivered to the Majorcan house. My phone has been confiscated and in place, I've been given a Love Island Phone for texting and taking selfies. I've also been given a water bottle with my name on the side.

'Ella' it reads in the most beautiful font.

There's a light knock on the door of my room, and then it's pushed open. "Come on Ella," a producer instructs. "We need to get you out of the hotel quickly. A car is ready outside to take you to the Villa."

Making my way out of the hotel to the freedom and flow of fresh air, a blackout Range Rover is parked parallel to the hotel entrance.

Climbing into the back seat, the engine starts, and I'm driven into the rising Majorcan sun.

Here we go. This is where Love Island begins.