The First Recoupling

All the girls have their mouths dropped open. Alex's face is one mixed with hurt and fury. Adam's ... well, he just looks proud, like he's claimed me from Alex or something.

Adam sits back down, and the game resumes, but I can't focus on anything.

Not after Adam's kiss.

*****

Ella P.O.V

That night ...

Strutting outside in my black heels and long yellow jumpsuit, I'm joined by Alex. He's been a little off since the game earlier, but I didn't expect him to be okay with Adam kissing me.

"So I just wanted to have a chat and to clear things up," Alex explains, sitting down beside me on the daybed. "I know that in the game earlier, Adam made it pretty clear that he likes you, and would recouple with you."

"Ok," I nod. "But I don't want - "

"I know." He grins. "I guess I just wanted to tell you that I want to stay with you. If I've been off since earlier, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I didn't really love seeing Adam kiss you in the game."

I place a hand on Alex's. "I want to couple with you Alex." I nod. "I think Kendall and Adam will get together. I mean, I know they've had their ups and downs, but they're secretly close."

"You think?" Alex raises his eyebrows. "Look."

I turn to look behind me, and over beside the fire pit are Rosie and Adam.

And they're kissing.

"No way." I shake my head. After all of the flirting, all of the hugs, all of the time he's spent with Kendall and me, he goes and kisses Rosie. "Has Kendall seen?"

"No," Alex says. "But I don't think that she'd want to."

The next morning ...

"Good morning petal, anything between Alex and you last night?" Dani stretches her arms out. I'm sat having some cereal with Wes and Eyal.

"Nothing much, just a quick kiss and a cuddle," I comment. "You and Jack?"

"We had a kiss." She giggles like a giddy school girl. Just then, Kendall struts over with a drowsy and glum expression. "You alright Ken?"

"I'm just a bit confused."

I make Kendall some breakfast whilst she has a general conversation. Once I've made her some food, the boys flee to leave Dani, Kendall and I.

"So Adam basically nipped it in the bud last night," Kendall explains. "He just said that he hadn't really gotten anything from me, which is fine. He didn't sleep in the bed last night either and he was texting Rosie, but I don't know what about."

"Oh, I know." Dani nods. "Adam asked for Rosie to join him on the sofa."

"Ken ... " I sigh, knowing that she needs to know. "Do you know what happened between Adam and Rosie last night?"

"... No?"

"They ... they shared a little kiss."

"... Oh." She sighs. "I didn't know."

"It wasn't anything serious!" I justify, "but you should know, instead of you hearing from anyone else."

"Thanks for letting me know, Ella." Kendall sighs, jumping up from her seat once she's finished breakfast. She leans over my shoulders and wraps her arms around me. "I'll go chat to Adam."