Start of Something Wonderful

Song: Little Bitty Pretty One

I pace back and forth in my room, the nerves getting to me. This is the first date I've been on in a long time, and with someone as attractive as Caden. The biggest part contributing to my nervousness was the fact that I'm not a very good dancer. I had only learned a few moves of swing dancing in a class that I took for a semester in High School, other than that I had no idea how to dance or do anything of the sort, and I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of Caden. I looked at the clock. It was 5:50, and he would be here in 10 minutes. It was way too late to cancel on him now, especially not when he had been so great to me, and I really did want to go on the date, but I was just so scared of him seeing me look stupid and lose interest.

I stop in front of my full-length mirror and take a deep breath, smoothing my dark red dress. The doorbell rings and my breath hitches, he was early. I quickly grab my denim jacket and throw it on as I run down the stairs. I pause in front of the door, trying to calm my breathing and make it seem like I didn't just run to the door. After I count to five, I swing the door open.

"Wow" Caden breathes. "You look absolutely breathtaking"

A nervous giggle escapes my lips, and I blush.

"Well you don't look too bad yourself" And it was true.

He had on khaki pants, and a navy-blue button-down shirt with the sleeves rolled up. I lost myself for a moment, letting my eyes drift about him before making my way back up to his eyes.

"Are you ready to go?" Caden asks, holding his arm out towards me.

I nod and take his arm as we make our way to his car.

"Now, I know it looks like a junker, but I love this truck" Caden explains as we come up to an old red pick-up truck.

I grin, "Oh I love this! I've always wanted a truck, and I love how this one looks!"

In my mind, I'm thinking of how perfect it would be for a country photoshoot either in the late summer or fall. There were plenty of amazing places that the truck could go for those pictures. My thoughts are broken up by Caden opening the door for me, I grin as he helps me into the truck and shuts the door behind me.

"You know, all you need are some cowboy boots and then you'd look like a real country girl" Caden jokes.

"Says the guy who owns an old truck and has never dressed like a country boy" I laugh.

Caden smiles as he pulls out of my driveway, "Well I guess you'll just have to stick around to see that".

I try to push down my smile for the rest of the ride.

A car ride later we park at the building for the swing dancing. Caden jumps out of the car and walks around it to open my door and helps me out.

"I'm going to be totally honest, I have no idea how to swing dance so I tried to learn how to from some videos" Caden admits quickly.

Unable to hold back my laugh, I cover my mouth to try and muffle the noise.

"How did that work out for you?" I laugh as we walk into the building.

"Well, it really didn't work out too well. I just wanted to try and impress you on this date in all honesty."

I bite my lip, feeling the blush creep on my face.

"I don't know too much of swing dancing, I really only learned a few moves in a class I took back in High School, but it was my favorite type of dance." I shrug.