Chapter One-The Blackout

So I haven't written in ages and this is the first chapter on my new book (if liked a lot, I can make it into a series) 'No Way Out' (title of the book may change later.

I'm a bit rusty and I can only ask you to vote and comment to tell me your opinions :)

Okay!! That's all I wanna say....Oh yeah, Enjoy!!!! :D

~LiLi xox

Chapter 1- The Blackout

________________________________________________

The hall was quiet, it should be safe. I stuck my head just out of my dorm room and looked around the dusty corridor. So quiet; too quiet! I guess I just have to risk it, if I get another late mark to Biology again this semester, my hopes of graduating and reaching my full potential will be a distant fantasy. I quickly picked up my worn out rucksack and made a run for the lift.

"Hey buddy!"

I froze. That was the same high pitched voice of the most popular kid in school who, unfortunate for me, hates my guts. I don't even know what I've done though. I've only known her for four and a half weeks! Oh how I've been dreading that voice. Christie Bloom. She's is more or less equivalent to the Devil's spawn. With her fake tanned, spot-free skin and light, hazel eyes that shimmers with her Chestnut brown hair in the sunlight, it's no wonder why every girl in ICU University envies her outstanding make-up, her perfect curves and her full red lips. It really doesn't surprise me that more or less every single guy can't help but just fall at her feet. But her looks are deceiving! Under her amazingly beautiful exterior, lies a dark, evil, monstrous soul that, if it wasn't for Christie, I would have thought it was impossible for a human being to be that cruel!

"So you thought you can just scurry along this corridor, like the good little rodent you are, and think that you can go by without any of us noticing? Pathetic."

"Us?" The voice inside my head repeated. Two shadowed figures started to step out into view right behind Christie pedicured feet. "Oh right, how silly of me to think she was actually alone."

As the figures came into view, I instantly knew who they were: Nicki Parker and Simona Prince. From what I've been told Nicki and Christie have been the best of friend since they were babies in diapers, stealing the bottles and pacifiers of all the babies and toddlers in kindergarten. The two of them together was bad enough and most people, even the adults cannot stand them. Whatever Christie says, Nicki will do no doubt about that. But Simona, now people don’t really know the story behind how a nice ordinary girl, who used to be the class bookworm, came to be friends with people like Christie and Nicki. Some people say that she saved Christie's life; some even say that Simona sold her soul to her. Most people though, think that Simona has lost her mind to be friends with those two bitches.

To be honest, I really should consider myself lucky that I haven't been living here my whole life. I've only been living here for just over a month.

It’s like they have exactly no brain sometime, although Simona is suppose to be the genius in the trio. They’re forever always doing Christie's dirty work; it really wouldn't surprise me if they both jumped off of the icy tops of Mount Everest if it would make Christie the slightest bit happier.

I looked around for any help; any witnesses around, I knew I was gonna end up in deep shizzle if I didn't find a way out...and there she was. My eyes fell onto that strange Jade green-eyed girl that always lingered in the shadows. She was standing in the darkest corner of the corridor near the staircase; staring straight at me with no emotions and no meaning on her face.