Chapter 4: Prana

Rainer opened his eyes, he sat up and realized he wasn't feeling any pain. He noticed he was inside a large building. There was nothing on this floor, but the windows were tinted a fiery glow. Rainer stood up and walked over to the windows. He stared in shock at the scene before him. There were all kinds of monsters, and humans fighting below him. The streets were flooded with blood, and the corpses covered the whole first floor of the skyscraper he was in. He heard a loud roar in the sky, quickly looking up to see Bahamut fighting a being of golden light. There was a man standing on top of Bahamut, he was wearing the same clothes as Rainer except he had a hood covering his face. He was commanding Bahamut into battle, while materializing hundreds of swords that struck the ground. One of the swords came flying at Rainer, he was too paralyzed to move. It flew directly at him at full speed.

Rainer awoke, sweating profusely. He looked around him, he was back at the lake, under the same tree he had passed out under. He breathed a sigh of relief, and noticed he was wearing a tattered red scarf.

"Where did this come from?" he asked himself

"Your copy left it behind after he disappeared" said Bahamut

"I see, just couldn't let me forget my past... So Bahamut, Let me ask you something" 

"What?"

"Why did you run away?" asked Rainer

"I did not run away. The Lake restricts me from helping you. "

"Well great. The sun is still up, at least I know I haven't wasted time sleeping."

"You've been passed out for three days"

"Wait what!?" he asked in shock

"I healed you while you slept"

"I've wasted three days, I could have used that time to be doing something productive."

"If it helps, no one came by to attack you while you slept"

"That just sounds insulting"

"How is not being attacked, insulting?"

"It just proves no one thinks I'm worth killing!" yelled Rainer

His face showing how annoyed he was by that.

"Anyways. Where to next?" asked Bahamut

"Well I honestly don't know. How about we just find an exit that isn't where we came from, and just roll with it?" he said nonchalantly

"It's not going to get any better than that, is it?"

"Nope, now let's get going before the sun sets"

Rainer walked across the lake, to the opposite side from where he came from.

"Hey Bahamut, how do you use storage magic?" asked Rainer

"First you need to place a small Prana marker at the location you want all your items to be placed. Then once that is done, you have to be sure no one else can get to your marker and steal your items. It's a simple spell, just finding the right place is difficult."

Rainer stopped in his tracks and looked at the lake.

"I think I know the perfect place"

"Clever. In order to get to your marker, they will have to get past the lake."