I think I can help...

THIS IS VERY SMUTTY... SKIP IF IT MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE!!!

Kara flew through the sky, basking in the warm sunlight on her skin. She had just captured an alien wreaking havoc in downtown National City and figured she would make the most of her time out of the office. Sure, her schedule wasn't quite so demanding now that she was a reporter instead of Ms. Grant's on-at-all-times personal assistant, but she knew that Snapper still kept tabs on his writers. The only good thing about the man was that he assigned her to cover all of the L-Corp news, which included interviewing a one Ms. Lena Luthor. After a slightly rocky start, they had fast become close friends and then, after the demise of Kara's ill-fated relationship with Mon-El, more than friends.

---

(flash back)

A knocking sounded from the front door.

"It's open," Kara called out from the couch, assuming it was Alex.

Lena stepped in, holding a bag of potstickers in one hand and a tub of Ben and Jerry's in the other. "I come bearing post-break up snacks! I also have a bag full of movies. We've got rom-coms, even the sappiest ones, in case you want to cry it out. We've got a handful of really stupid comedies to make you laugh. And, my personal favorites, the slasher flicks to channel any lingering anger."

Kara chuckled. "What did I do to deserve someone like you?"

"Oh, I don't know. You showed up at my office with a sunny smile and a willingness to not prejudge me based on my last name? You brought me donuts and stood by my side through the whole ordeal with my mother? You call me just to check in on how I'm doing whenever you see Lex or the Luthor name in the news? Any of those things ringing a bell?"

"You're so sweet, Lena."

Lena let out an unladlylike snort. "I think you're the first and only person to say that to me."

"Well, between you and Cat Grant, it would seem that I have a knack for finding the best in women other people find slightly cold."

"There are worse women to be compared to, I suppose," Lena mused. "Now, I believe it's time to start eating."

"Yes!" Kara squealed, grabbing plates to pile high with potstickers and putting the ice cream in the freezer for the time being.

"So," Lena began, "do you want to talk about it?"

"Eh, there's not much to say. I just, I really, really wanted things to work out with him. I had been so sure with James, but then something just...changed. I felt like I wanted the relationship just to be in a relationship. And even though James is handsome and kind and really sort of perfect, I just, I didn't want to force it. But then this new guy shows up. And he's cute, right? I have eyes."

Lena barely nodded.

"He was the worst, but then he had his moments too. He could be sort of charming, I think. And for once, it was someone I didn't have to worry about touching!"

Lena cocked her head to the side. "Because he made you feel safe...?"

"Because I didn't have to worry about breaking him," Kara blurted out, not quite thinking.

"Since you're Supergirl."

Kara choked on her potsticker and downed her glass of water. "Uh, no? What? Definitely not. Just, um, strong hands!"

"Hmm, shame you're straight then," Lena teased, causing Kara to flush an even brighter shade of pink. "But seriously, Kara, I already knew you were Supergirl."