Cyclopes

Cyclops (plural: Cyclopes) is a one-eyed giant. They are very big, strong, and are considered to be ugly by most people

Hyperborean (Northern) Cyclopes

A species of Cyclopes that often interact with Roman demigods. They fought for the Titans in the Second Titan War by building weapons and equipment. They often eat heroes and demigods. Typically smarter than Southern Cyclopes, The Northern Cyclopes use their building talents to make weapons like the squeaky war hammer and the exploding axe.

Elder Cyclopes

Weaponsmiths of the gods, the three eldest Cyclopes, and the sons of Gaea and Ouranos. They were the primeval gods of storms, like their brothers the Hekatonkheires, particularly of thunderstorms and lightning. They typically help Hephaestus in the forges. They are assisted by the children of Poseidon.

Poseidon's Cyclopes

Many Cyclopes of Cyclops population are children of Poseidon, but some are children of other Cyclopes like Ma Gasket is the mother of Sump and Torque. Some help in the forges, some live in isolation, like Ma Gasket and Polyphemus. The Southern Cyclopes are mostly children of Poseidon and the northern ones bred by Cyclopes.

Southern Cyclopes

Southern Cyclopes are sheep Herders in the Sea of Monsters. However much like the Northern Cyclopes, they also often eat heroes and demigods. The Southern Cyclopes often interact with Greek demigods and are typically malevolent. They seem to be not as smart as Northern Cyclopes since they don't use their building talents and instead herd sheep. It is also noted that in The Sea of Monsters, Polyphemus is not as smart as Ma Gasket in The Lost Hero, as Polyphemus doesn't know what a mango is and is repeatedly tricked by Grover. He is also shown he is bad at math.