Chapter 1

Harley slammed the door. Tears ran down her face, touching the big red mark across her left cheek.

"Harley?" A voice said. Poison Ivy stepped into the room. "What's wrong?" She asked, concerned about her bouncy friend. Harley sniffed, wiping away some of the tears. Ivy grabbed her hand and led her to the table, were she pulled up a chair. "Relax, Harley. Tell me what's wrong."

"He- he hit me." Harley tried to say. Ivy was confused. Joker did that all the time. He even pushed her out a window! Why was she getting so worked up over a slap? Ivy soaked a rag in water and started pressing it against Harley's cheek. "So, why are you so upset?" She asked. Harley looked up at her. "It's not just that. He put a gun to my head. Said he wouldn't care if I died, cause he would just get someone else. He then slapped me hard, and threw me out. I didn't have anywhere else to go but here." She said, before breaking down again. Ivy wrapped her arms around her friend, trying to comfort her. "It's ok. I'll get you some food, and you can stay here the night. I'm sure you'll feel better in the morning.". Harley nodded lightly. Ivy kept the wet rag on her cheek, until the mark was gone.

Ivy fixed up a small salad. But Harley just stared at it, muttering something about how she wasn't hungry. Ivy managed to get her to have a few bites, but in the end, she helped her to the guest room. Harley instantly fell asleep. Ivy then turned off the lights and left.

Ivy went back into the kitchen, mad. That sick bastard! How could he do that to Harley? He abuses her, hurts her, brings her down, and she still keeps coming back for more! Ivy tried multiple times to get her to leave him, but she wouldn't, claiming he really loved her. Please. He probably couldn't care less that she was over here, miserable.

Ivy cleaned up Harley's plate and went to her room. She couldn't stand by and let the one person she considered a friend be a victim the rest of her life. Starting tomorrow, she was gonna convince Harley to dump that clown!
————
Joker sat in a wooden chair, staring at the door. He drummed his fingers on the chair arm, his eyes narrowed. She wasn't back yet. He checked his watch. 1:49 A.M. She should be back by now. His gun was holstered at his side. She has been gone for five hours. She must have ran to Ivy's. He smirked a little. That kid sure can go fast.

The kids were whining, probably wondering were their favorite person was. Joker glared at them. Harley's babies. The only things she cared about in this world the same as him. He didn't like them for that.

He got up and started pacing. Why was he so obsessed with her coming back? He usually didn't care, since she always came back.

But this time she didn't.

He wanted her back. Wanted her to skip through that door, back to her usual peppy self. She would beg for forgiveness, and they would kick it. But she still wasn't back. Joker opened the door, peering outside. Nothing. He even considered going to look for her.

No! He shouldn't be crawling over to her. She should come back to him. He just had a headache.

He slammed the door closed.
————
Ivy woke up at 8:00 the next morning. She stumbled into the kitchen to find Harley sitting at the table, reading the newspaper. "Hi, Red." She said when Ivy came in. "Harley, what are you doing?" She asked, getting some coffee from the cupboard. Harley smiled. Not her crazy normal smile, but a small one. "I'm getting ready for the day. I'm done being Harley Quinn." Ivy could have sworn she was making it up. Whenever they got in a fight and she left, she didn't stop being who she was. Harley has done crimes in the past without Joker. "Harley, I think you might be over-" Ivy tried to say, but Harley cut her off. "No, Red. I'm done trying to be his girl, when really I'm just his toy. He's the only reason I'm Harley Quinn at all! I'm going back to the way they where." Her tone told Ivy this was something she wouldn't change her mind about. "Ok." Ivy sighed. Harley got up and hugged her friend.

"Can I borrow some clothes?"