| four |

Four | Nightmares and Voices

Choi Anna

After the little incident, Nani decided to carry me just because of how tired I was. I tried to reject her kindly but she insisted, so I ended up giving up.

Now here I am resting on her back, "You know, I don't want to make you carry me all the way back-"

She shook her head, "Nope, I insisted and you agreed."

"I didn't agree! You forced me to, there's no way I could fight against you anyway."

She laughed, "Oh come on, lighten up a bit or else the animal from earlier is gonna eat you."

My eyes widened, "No! I'm gonna die!" I whined, she playfully scoffed.
"I can't believe I'm taking care of a baby."

I huffed, tightening my grip on her neck. "First off, I'm probably way older than you are, I just look like a 12 year old-"

"And sound like One-"

"Nani." I tightened my grip, she gasped. "Okay, I surrender!" She managed to gasp out. I smiled, letting my arms fall lazily as I yawned.

"I'm gonna take a nap, Nani." I rested my head on her shoulder. I felt her nod and took that as a cue to drift off.

--

"Anna.." A faint voice called out, it sounded familiar but I chose to ignore it like Asuma always said.

As soon as I took a step forward, I heard footsteps. I panicked.

"Anna, why are you ignoring..me?" Their voice got unbelievably deeper and glitched a little. I sprinted off without a second thought.

I thought I could outrun them, but when I looked back I saw a dark figure right behind me. And because I was barely paying attention, I tripped.

'Oh God, why am I so clumsy..' I landed on my back quite harshly, but I couldn't feel any pain somehow.

My eyes flicked open wide as they neared me, a sweat rolled down my temple and I tried to scream out for help, but all I heard was the emptiness of this void.

The figure let out a laugh, "Oh dear, you are quite interesting." They grabbed my chin and forced me to look at their disgusting face.

It was horrifying in all honesty.

I cried out, "What do you want from me?!" I let a few tears slip, I could barely breathe. I think I'm having a panic attack.

They smirked, "Oh, you should know by now, sweetie."

"I only want your soul."

I screamed, my eyes shot wide open as my chest heaved quickly. I somehow accidentally summoned Asunami, my sacred Treasure.

'It was only a dream, calm down Anna..'

The sound of a door bursting open caught my attention. I only now realized we were back at home. I look over to see a worried Nani.

"Anna, are you alright?" She then noticed Asunami. "Why'd you summon your sacred Treasure? Did something happen?"

I wiped a sweat, "Just a bad dream.." My throat felt extremely dry, so I kindly asked Nani for a bottle of water, which she went to go get.

I sighed, and just as I shut my eyes I saw a vision..

Of that person again..

I opened my eyes quickly, suddenly hearing voices.

You'll never escape.

Your soul will be mine.

Try all you want..

But YOu woN't SuRVivE..

My lips trembled, and as much as I wanted to ask questions right now, I just couldn't seem to form any words.

What's....happening to me?

More specifically what's going on inside my head.

Nani came back and the voices stopped suddenly, "Sorry I took so long, I had trouble seeing."

I raised a brow, "But, aren't you a cat?"

"Half."

I unintentionally scoffed, "I'm not even gonna question it."

She smiled, "I was expecting you not to." She then noticed that I hadn't put Hasunami away.

"Why don't you put that away before some hurts themselves, like you." She gestured to it, I snapped my fingers and it disappeared out of my sight.

"Nani.."

"Yes?"

I reached out my arms towards her, making grabby hands. "Can you cuddle with me, I can't sleep."

She grinned a cat-like grin, "Anything for my little munchkin."

She climbed into my bed and pulled me into her chest, kissing my forehead she whispered a goodnight.

"I love you, Nani."

"I love you more, my little munchkin."

Just after I drifted off, the voices came back.

Your loved ones will be dead soon.

So watCh OUt, Anna.

--