Ride to School

*Nikki Night

Next morning was a pain to wake up even after treating my bruises and covering them, they still hurt.

I set my alarm clock to wake me up two hours before usual since I won't be able to run to school.

I get out of the bathroom dressed in blue boot cut jeans with a black baggy pullover over a red t-shirt and my white and black AllStar Converse. I make sure none of my bruises show. I leave my straight hair down after combing and drying it. I make sure most of my bangs cover my bruised cheek.

I grab my book bag and my phone from its charging dock. I head down stairs quietly since everyone is stil sleeping.

I grab an apple from the kitchen and head out the door.

After locking the door, I start the agonizing walk to school. It's still only six in the morning so not many people are out on the road.

The breezy wind is the only thing keeping me from dying from the heat that my dark clothing bring me.

The heat brings me more pain but I've been through worst. Like when I was eleven, my father pushed me down the stairs and I broke my arm and three of my ribs.

I've been walking for twenty minutes when the same red car from yesterday stops next to me.

Shit, are you serious?

I speed up my pace, ignoring the pain and the protest from my body

"Hey, Nikki, wait up."

I would have crossed the street if it wasn't for Riley reaching out and grabbing my arm. My bruised arm.

So guess my reaction when his hand made contact with my newly made bruise.

I yelp, trying to pull it back but his grip tightened. F*ck!

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, you just surprised me." I lie, holding back the tears. "Please let me go."

He looks at my arm, noticing that he was still grabbing my arm. "Oh, sorry."

He let's go of my arm and I sigh in relief. The pain is still there and it probably won't fade for a couple of days because of his grip. I'm just glad the pressure is gone.

"Let me give you a ride to school." Riley offers.

This time, because of my bruises I don't argue. I just nob. He opens the door for me and I try to get in as carefully as I could.

Unfortunately, I hadn't realized that Rudy was in the back seat so when he said, "Good Morning, Nikki." I jumped in my seat and hit my knee on the door.

I groan, holding my knee.

"Oh, sorry." Rudy apologies.

I just shake it off.

Once Riley gets in the driver seat, he speeds off towards school.

When we get to school, I'm glad there's not many people outside waiting for the bell.

"Thanks for the ride." I whisper.

I open the car door, ready to make a dash for the school doors. Suddenly, Riley is standing right next to me. I step back a little.

"Since we have the same class, how about we walk together?" Riley says.

"I have to do something before class." I lie.

Riley looks like he wantsls to argue but thinks differently. He just sighs and nods. "Okay, I'll see you in class."

I nod.

"See you later, Nikki." Rudy intercepts.

I wave, already dashing for the door.

As soon as I'm in the school, Katie is right in front of me with her three barbies following her.

They all look they same. Blonde hair, even though some are dyed. Blue eyes, mostly contacts. Big boobs, probably fake and small cloths, maybe their little sibling's.

"Hey, Loner, I saw you talking to Riley and I wanted to tell you to stay away from my boyfriend. He doesn't need or want a person like you around him. If I ever see you around him, I'll make your life a living hell." Katie smirks, thinking I'm scared.

I wonder what she'll do when she finds out that Riley's gay or bi and is dating Rudy. Maybe they don't want people to know about their relationship yet.

I feel like laughing because as far as I know my life already is a living hell.

I nod, just to hurry this up.

"Good, now move. I need to go see my boyfriend but your ugly body is blocking the door."

I step aside. If only she had better insults then maybe I would actually be scared of her.

She heads out the door, screaming, "Riley bear!"

I flinch from her nasty voice.

It's two minutes 'til the bell. I head off to Mr. Eddie's classroom.

"Hey, Nikki." Mr. Eddie greets.

"Hey." I sit in the back, in my regular desk.

I wait for the bell to ring.

BRIIIIIINNNNGGG!

Well, let's get the day started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, I haven't updated. I've been sick for the last week. It's sorta short but I still wanted to update. Next chapter will be up in less than a week.

Feedback would really help!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anallely