16

daniel and phil sat beside ash, with her breathing unsteadily. her arms were bleeding, and the scent of alcohol ran through the apartment. daniel was worked up and panicked about it. he didn't want to leave her alone.

daniel had finished wrapping a bandage around ash's arm, before kissing the top of her head. she lied beside him, sleeping. her chest rose and fell.

daniel wanted to know what was wrong, but he didnt want to make her relapse. phil crept in, giving a small wave to daniel.

'is she alright now?' phil said, staring at daniel intensely. he nodded, snaking an arm around her waist.

'she seems it' he sighed. phil's footsteps got quite as he left.

daniel was awake for the whole night because if ash woke up he wanted to be there for her.

she began to stir in her sleep, her eyes fluttering open. he turned to her, trying not to startle her.

'hi' her voice cracked as she spoke. 'what are you doing here?'

'you--uh' she exhaled, realising the event that occurred the night before.

'oh, yeah i remember' she sat up, wiping her eyes before dreading today.

'what happened' daniel blurted. he didn't want to sound harsh, but he cared about ash, a whole lot.

'I uh- I relapsed after hearing from my ex.' daniel sighed. she waved her finger signalling for him to come to her.

ash pressed her lips up against his, wrapping her arms around his neck momentarily. she pulled away, chuckling.

'what?' his face was wiped over with confusion

'you told me' she dug her face into his chest, warmth radiating off him. 'If I need to smoke, kiss you. so i did.'

daniel smiled, feeling giddy. he lifted her off her feet, smiling wide at her. she tried her best to smile back before breaking down into tears.