Kid x Reader - Hate Me

Dedicated and Thankful to @artic_sky for recommending the amazing cover apps :)

A pirates life was free, un-guarded from anything and everyone who tried to demolish their dreams. And if your crew was strong - which they were very - it would remain that way. Everyone had this strange sensation, it was as if they were freer than ever before.

Except you. You were a pirate, yet your life was nothing along the lines of free. Your crew seemed to watch you everyday, make sure of your actions - as if you were to betray them - and literally, watch you.

Though, your captain seemed to be at fault the most. Whenever you two were in the same room, he wouldn't speak to you - unless he had his stupid orders to yell at everyone - but instead he'd just watch you like you were some endangered species.

This had gone on for months now, although, one particular day..

You were the ship's doctor, and partially scientist, so it was your job to examine any unfound items that appeared on the ship from previous battles. You enjoyed your work like every other doctor would, slicing and examining every inch of your discovery until you found the answer to whatever questions your captain or crewmates had.

Though, it was a bit distracting to try and identify a rare herb you had found on an island, when your six foot seven captain was staring holes into your back.

You swore it was so quiet the two of you could hear a pin drop. But nonetheless, your captain stood there silently, his auburn, smoky eyes taunting you in a way. His fists were always clenched - you didn't have to look to know that. In all honesty, you could picture Kid right now, then turn around and the image would be exactly the same.

It was silent for minutes, until it seemed like hours. Other pirates quickly walked in and out, too used to Kid's staring to stop and say anything. Your hands were all sweaty thanks to your nervousness, it was always like that when he was acting up.

Finally, you sighed, giving up. You never, never spoke to Kid when he was staring at you. Too.. intimidated to speak up. "Why.. Why are you staring at me?"

You slowly turned round to face him, wanting to see his expression. His eyes were lidded, set firmly so he looked uninterested at your question.

No response.

"God, dammit! Captain Kid, why the hell are you staring at me?!" you shouted, then soon covered your mouth in embarrassment.

His look didn't change.

"I am your captain. I observe my subordinates to make sure they do their work."

"You don't stare at Killer!"

He 'tched', growling, "Killer does his work."

A pregnant pause occurred, and Eustass's fist shook as he spoke again.

"Who the hell do you think you're talking to?"

You mocked him a little, slightly to see his reaction, and slightly because he irritated you to the core. "Eh? Who do I think I'm talking to?? Maybe some crazy captain who can't stop staring an INNOCENT GIRL!"

"YOU DO THE EXACT SAME THING!"

What....?

That comment had caught you off guard.

You stared at him?

..What?

When?

You certainly wouldn't torture Kid like that. Anyway, you wouldn't be able to, he was always busy, doing random experiments, following Killer around the ship, chucking random objects at crewmates, admiring his wall of shichibukai, marking the maps, taking morning naps, eating the leftover spoiled food so it didn't go to waste, blowing things up, even one time he set the ship on fire and then he...