Two

"LET ME GO! LET ME GO! LET ME GO!" The voice screamed in his head over and over again as the doctors checked him over. There was someone else in Shayne's thoughts and whoever it was wouldn't shut the fuck up.

Shayne had no clue what the voice was saying, all he knew was that it wouldn't stop screaming which gave him a massive headache. He wished he could exit his own head and let whatever this is take over. At least that way he wouldn't have to deal with constant screaming in his ears.

"PLEASE HELP! HELP ME! HELP ME! HELP ME!"

What do you need help with!?

"AAAAHHHH!" That last blood curdling scream seemed to cause an earthquake, shaking Shayne and his entirely. He desperately clutched his bed sheets and he himself started screaming, "MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP!"

"Make what stop?"

"Are you okay?"

"MAKE IT STOP.... make it stop. Make it stop," he cried, desperate to rid himself of the constant shaking. It felt as if his organs were just a slimy mess inside of him, launching full force at the walls of his flesh.

"Make it stop. Make it stop," he was left silently crying alone in the hospital room, even after the shaking stopped.

A doctor came in and stuck a needle in his arm, pushing the tab into the syringe. The liquid that had invaded his body seemed to make his eyelids heavier, as they slowly closed to leave him trapped within the walls of his conscious again.

This time there was a black figure standing in the middle of what seemed to be an endless white room. It's red, menacing eyes changed to a softer white when it saw Shayne.

Cautiously, he approached the figure. It seemed to welcome him. A mere yard away from the figure, and it's eyes reverted to their original form. Spikes grew from the black mist as it lunged towards Shayne, snapping his frame with its powerful jaws.

The pain was a sensation Shayne wouldn't wish upon his worst enemy. He felt his body being torn to shreds by the figure's claws. Shayne desperately craved to be put out of his misery.

His prayers were answered as the creature swallowed him into the darkness.

Shayne's eyes snapped open. No more pain, no more black figure, just a crying blond girl. "Shayne?"

"How long was I out?"

Instead of answering his question she hugged him as tightly as she could, seeming to crush his broken rib even more.

Shayne hid the pain and hugged back, saying, "I missed you too." When Courtney finally released him from her grasp she told him he was knocked out for a week.

A man wearing a long white coat entered the room, carrying a clipboard with him. "Okay while you were out we've managed to get everything that needed to be sorted, sorted. The car crash gave you a broken rib, a few bone bruises, and a concussion that should be over with now. You're lucky it wasn't worse. Just take it easy for a bit and you should be fine. You're ready to be discharged."

"Okay," Shayne said before his girlfriend could speak.

-

Courtney seemed over the moon to finally have her boyfriend back, not letting go of Shayne's arm as they made their way back to the car. She wouldn't let Shayne drive as he was just discharged from the hospital, and that gave him anxiety as he wanted to be in control.

The ride home was filled with the sound of Tyler Joseph rapping and singing as they listened to TØP the entire Way home. The only songs Courtney knew were Stressed Out and Ride though, Shayne was the actual fan of the music.

They soon arrived at the place they knew as home. "It's been so boring here without you!" Courtney ranted as they arrived home. She was always rambling about something, which was annoying when Shayne wanted to be left with his thoughts. Even though they were usually pretty pessimistic.

*A month later*

"Ugh I hate it when people do that," Courtney complained, rambling on about her trip to the mall. "By the way could you please weed the garden?"

"Sure babe," he said, cringing when he called her babe. Shayne didn't even know why, they've been together for a long time.

He changed into a white wife-beater and coffee-colored cargo shorts, as it was a hot day. Putting in some old sneakers and grabbing his pair of gardening gloves, he wakes outside.

Sure enough, the garden that flourished with flowers in a variety of color had been infested by a rather large amount of weeds.

He began to work, yanking the weeds and their roots from the rich, dark soil and putting them in the bag he brought out. Removing all the weeds didn't take too long, so Shayne decided he might as well mow the lawn as the grass was overgrown. It made their front lawn look more like a jungle than the front lawn of a decent house in a suburban neighborhood.

It took a few revs to get it going, but the mower was soon growling, wanting to receive its fill of grass. Shayne got about halfway through the yard when he noticed there were yellow flowers that seemed to be leading to somewhere.

Shayne balanced his choices, stay here and finish mowing the lawn, or follow the flowers?

He began walking the direction the flowers took him.