|4|

St Paul's Cathedral. The ultimate destination of peace.

A Father just blessed me

A Father just blessed me. My wedding attire drew his attention. He smiled and placed a hand on my head. Creating a silent connection.

I am sitting at the exact place we used to sit. The right most corner of the huge prayer hall.

I don't exactly remember how many important life discussions and decisions happened in this corner, when two dumb souls whispered to each other, hardly minding the glares of those sitting around praying deeply

••

" Ei! Chhobi tulchis kano?? Bhetore chhobi tola maana toh!!
(Hey why are you clicking pictures? It's prohibited!) " , I whispered as Agni pointed his camera to the aesthetic ceiling of the prayer hall.

He ignored me with a bland expression and was immediately hit on the head by a security personnel making rounds. Agni now grinned sheepishly at me because I was finding it hard to control gusts of laughter.

" As if......!
I was just trying to remind Jesus that I too am an able artist, I too deserve a job. " , he made a puppy face.

" Don't blame Jesus. Who leaves fine arts just after graduations? And joins a damn cinematography course?? What job did it offer to you that you left such huge prospects for this?? " , I was actually disappointed with Agni for such a weird decision in life.

" Cinematography is not shit, okay??

Just that... Kolkata doesn't give much options than struggles.... "

" Ohh, then why the hell are you stuck in Kolkata... if this is what you want in life?? "

The entire discussion happened in the lowest tone possible. Agni stared at me sadly.
" Because I love Kolkata!
Shayara, I just want either of the two things as a job.
To work with a renowned production house, for a break in Tollywood.
Or, to work as a sketch artist for Lal Bazaar.

I know, one day I'll make it to that. You'll see!! I'm really trying Shayara!! More, for you!! " , he pressed my hand.

Like always, I melted to butter. I knew as well, my Agni would make it to his passion, someday.....