|2|

I am leaning for a long time against a tree.

The tree.

Maidan in this part remains almost empty

Maidan in this part remains almost empty. Only few come with their pets who happily answer nature's call within the lush green, and leave wagging tails.
The huge white Victoria Memorial peeps from behind trees.

The tree beside is an enormous banyan. I don't really recognise trees. He made me do that.

••

" Lean on the stem. "

" I'm sorry. I'm in a white gown, if you can see. " , I made a pumpkin face.

" Who comes wearing gowns to maidan??
I don't care, you lean.

Oh shit, such a mind blowing shot!!!! Please Shayara, the sun is terrifically kissing the stem. It's a matter of just a few sec!! "

And I did. Who could say a no to his puppy face?? 

Flash!

I now adorned his gallery. Beaming with pride.

" However much you deny Mr Photographer, I'm the best model you'll ever get in your life. Bujhli buddhuram? (Got it, idiot?) " , I said.

He encircled me, and pecked on my cheek.

" I find you so cute when you boast with misconceptions, Ms Ugly Face! "

A series of slaps showered on his head, face and back, as he kept blabbering shit about how bad looking I actually was .

••

" Girl, hey!! Are you alright? "

I wake up again. A middle aged lady stands before me. In her hands she's holding a little pug, who too stares at me with a terribly squeezed face, dripping concern.

I realise, a bridal attired woman, unknowingly shedding tears, leaning on the stem of a huge banyan tree is a matter of concern to passers-by.

I nod a yes, trying to pat the pug, but it moves away. Literally, I seem to be a strange animal to him even.

The lady walks away, but looks back twice.

I start walking down the road beside maidan. Even after working at SSKM for three years, I don't know the name of this particular road that leads to Esplanade.

That's because, I have always been a very protected and shrunken human. Growing in the shades of influential parents. Travelling in personal cars. Top notched in schools and career. Finished my graduations from MCK, and my post graduations from SSKM.
Brilliant, that's what I've always been called.

And I had always believed, being withdrawn, disciplined, serious and tensed about life, was the only way to live. Just as my parents did. Both being quite an established entity in their own professions.