Only Fate

For those of you who don't know, I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer a few months ago. It's been hard for me to write but your comments are so sweet that I just have to. I'm recieving treatment and the tumors have shrunk, but it really makes me feel better knowing you all love my story. Thank you so much!
'Suzanna pov.'
I groan as my eyes flutter open. Nomura is standing over me with a worried face.

"You fainted from the pain." She murmurs as she strokes my hair.

"Aunt B? Jim?" I rasp.

"I'm right here sweetheart. Jim went to find Draal." Aunt Barbara says as she comes to my side.

"You're very brave child. Had the blade touched the changeling, your aunt would not heal as you are." Vendel says as he approaches with a small bottle. He hands it to Nomura and she sits me up so I can drink it.

"It tastes like Not-Enrique smells." I groan. Nomura chuckles and squeezes me tight.

"So...I re-met Mr. Blinky." Aunt Barbara says with a smile.

"He's sweet right?" I ask tiredly.

"The sweetest." She sighs.

"I must go soon my love." Nomura mutters regretfully.

"What?" Aunt Barbara asks.

"The trolls don't want impure in Trollmarket. Stricklander and I must leave." Nomura sighs.

"That's stupid! It's not your fault you're changelings." Aunt Barbara shouts. Vendel coughs awkwardly and I grin.

"I agree. You're not leaving." I tell my soulmate as I grasp her hand.

"Barbara? Is everything alright?" Strickler asks as Blinky helps him limp in.

"What's up with Trolls being racist toward changelings?" Aunt Barbara demands.

"We were stolen from our homes and experimented on by the Pale Lady. When she was successful in creating us, we were made to serve the Gumm Gumm's." Strickler sighs.

"You're their children! They just abandoned you?" She shouts.

"Preach." I mumble tiredly.

"Okay, you need more sleep." Nomura sighs.

"Wait! Strickler, remember what we talked about? I take it back. Go get em bro." I giggle deliriously before Nomura pushes me down.

"Goodnight my foolish little human." She murmurs as she presses a kiss to my cheek.

"Goodnight my feisty changeling."

'Jim pov.'

"Are you sure you're alright?" I ask Draal as we sit in the slightly destroyed living room.

"Yes. I am sorry I failed to catch him." He murmurs.

"You tried, that's all that matters. I'm so glad you're not hurt." I shudder.

"You are a good mate." He rumbles with a smile. I smile back and press our foreheads together.

"Do you have the shadow staff?" He asks after a moment.

"Yeah, Suzanna dropped it during the fight. I figured I should take it to her so it's safe from Angor." I sigh as I pull the staff from my bag.

"Perhaps we should use it to travel." Draal suggests.

"Good idea. Okay, let's see." Suzanna had shown me how to use the staff in case of an emergency but I'm not exactly great at it. I summon a black portal and concentrate on making it bigger.

"You can do it." Draal encourages. I smile at him and widen the portal enough for him to fit. We walk through and come out in Trollmarket.

"Jim!" My mom cries as she hugs me.

"Where's Suzanna?" I ask as we walk through the crowd of Trolls.

"She's sleeping. Will you please help me convince Nomura and Walter to stay? They're trying to leave." She replies angrily.

"Mom...Trolls don't treat Changelings kindly. It's not safe for them in Trollmarket." I sigh with a shake of my head.

"James Lake Jr, you are helping me convince them." Mom snaps as she grabs my ear.

"Ow ow, okay!" I concede. She let's go with a smug look.

"So...Draal huh? Nice to meet Jimmy's soulmate."

"MOM!"