Goblins, No Thanks

'Suzanna pov.'
"Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit." I pant as Jim, Toby, and I run from the hoard of Goblins.

"Why do I give Blinky my phone if he never answers?" I scream in frustration.

"Give him a break, he's not familiar with human technology." Jim gasps as we hide behind a corner.

"Let's split up. That way we can figure which one of us they're really after and we'll go from there." Toby suggests as I peek around the corner.

"No, we should- and they're gone." I facepalm as the two run in different directions. I groan and keep running. I run to the small park in front of the museum and curse as the goblins follow me. Tiny assholes. I run up the steps to the museum and pull open the door before slipping inside. A goblin grabs my ankle and I pause to kick it. It thuds against the wall and doesn't get up.

"Uh oh." I squeak. I turn and run down the hall as they chase me. I duck into a room and slam into a fuchsia changeling. We look at eachother with wide eyes.

"Beautiful." I breathe. She helps me stand and holds my hand gently. I flinch when the goblin's angry chattering comes from behind the door.

"This way." She whispers as she tucks me into a hiding spot. She kisses my hand and disappears. I hear her fighting and my hand goes to the sabre Draal gave me. I hear Nomura cry out in pain and I growl as I tear out of my hiding spot. I unsheath the blade and stab a Goblin on her back.

"A girl after my own heart." Nomura says as we stand back to back.

"You're gonna be good now right?" I pant as we fight off Goblins.

"For you my heart, I would kill Gunmar himself." She chuckles as she holds me close to her side. I giggle at the affectionate look she gives me.

"Okay this is getting us nowhere. You little freaks best back off before I call my cousin's soulmate! Draal is not a happy camper!" I warn as I kick one away.

"Draal is your cousin's soulmate?" Nomura gasps.

"Yes?" I say in confusion.

"He is no friend to any changeling." She says with a glance to the side.

"I'll make him be nice." I promise as we fight the Goblins.

"Call for him then." She says warily. I nod and scream as loud as I can.

"DRAAL! GOBLINS!" I shriek. Nomura chuckles at me before frowning at the amassing Goblins.

"Climb on. We have to run." She urges as she turns her back to me. I latch onto her back and wrap my legs around her waist. She takes off running and the Goblins chase after us. We bust through the museum doors and run away from the building. I spot Jim and Draal and point them out to Nomura.

"Jim! Goblins!" I call to him. They turn and gape at us before rushing to our aid. Nomura skids to a stop and I drop off her back.

"Meet my soulmate." I say smugly as Nomura goes back to fighting Goblins. Jim laughs at me as Draal goes to help her.

"Oh my god. Your mom has a troll soulmate." I squeak. He opens his mouth to argue but nothing comes out.

"I guess that makes sense. Her soulmark is the same as ours." He says slowly.

"I bet it's Blinky." I muse as we begin stabbing the Goblins that escape our soulmates.

"Now you're trying to get me to puke." He sighs.

"Better than Strickler." I say in a sing song voice.

"We have to set Blinky up with my mom." He deadpans.

"So you're gonna tell her?" I ask with a surprised look.

"Our soulmates are trolls and we're constantly under attack from mythical creatures. I have to tell her at some point." He sighs.

"Tobes and I will help out. If my parents cared I'd tell them." I sigh as I viciously kill a Goblin.

"Your parents care Suzanna, the divorce is just taking a lot out of them." Jim says as he places a hand on my shoulder. I nod and sheath my blade when I see Draal and Nomura are finishing the rest of the Goblins.

"It'll be convenient to have someone with medical knowledge know so we don't have to explain every injury we get." I say as we approach our soulmates.

"I guess so." Jim mumbles. He looks exhausted. I let him lean on me so he doesn't fall over.

"Draal will you take him home? I'm gonna hang with Nomura." I tell the troll as he picks up Jim, who immediately falls asleep.

"Don't be too vigorous, human." Draal teases as he heads for the sewer. I feel my face go bright red as Nomura squeezes my ass.

"Trolls are so pervy." I sigh as I lean against her. She chuckles and I shiver.

"Let's take the long way home." I suggest as I grab her hand and lead her toward the forest.

"Yes, let's." She agrees as she poofs into her human form. We walk through the moonlit woods in silence and I think about the Goblins. For once I'm glad to have been attacked. Just this once though.