Blue Eyed Vampire-Chapter Four

Bella pov

The water drenched me; I sluggishly, desperately tried pulling myself out of the water. It dragged me back numerous times. The waves crashed against the shore bringing me with it, but always taking me back. I growled frustrated and weak.

The sky was mostly black and the darker the sky, the colder the water. I shivered my teeth clattering together. I dug my nails in the sand, crawling slowly towards shore. Each cold wave sent a painful shock through my body that caused me to gasp for air and blink away the black dots. The rhythmic pounding of the waves hit me each time. It stung my wounds as each wave slowly widened them more.

“Edward” I whispered. My calming word. I took a deep breath closing my eyes; I could instantly feel my body relaxing.

I opened my eyes.

I'm almost there.

I smiled and almost started laughing gratefully as I felt the moist land beneath me. The beautiful land was overshadowed by this luminescent blue from the darkening sky. Light snow gently caressed the earth as it fell from the sky.

I could feel tears slide down my face as I observed this new land. It was beautiful. So different from Volterra. 

I snapped my head up and peered through the snowy forest as I heard the sounds of people approaching. I was stifled with fear, forgetting how hard it was to even come onto shore as I threw myself back into the water.

“Wait!” I heard a voice shout urgently.

It was a man.

He was the first one I saw that night.

Carlisle pov

From afar I knew she was in critical condition. Her pale, ash skin stretched over her frail bones. Her face was sunken as her eyes seemed abnormally large.

Starvation. I noted mentally.

The little clothes that covered her body did nothing to shield the cuts and bruises that covered her skin. The slashes spilt her skin clean across her stomach, a blue substance oozed out of the wound.

Critical stomach wound.

Each rib was pressed against her thin skin in strange angles, making her crouch for breath every time a wave hit.

Broken Ribs.

Her eyes snapped up. Pure black, her eyes displayed no colour. Underneath darkness lingered.

Thirst.

Edward face turned to look at me. “No,” He growled.

I continued my observations not liking what I was seeing.

Bella pov

“Don’t leave, please.” His voice was soft, soothing, like velvet.

His voice was false, fake, and deceiving. He was a predator, trying to lure a prey. I froze, in the midst of escaping into the water. His voice stopped me. I looked up timidly.

He stood alone. Hands up, slow steps, he made his way towards me. Again I shot backwards. He froze frowning. I could hear his other recruitments coming.

I had to leave now.

“I will never hurt you Bella.” He gazed into my eyes, his false sincerity almost distorting my mind process.  His hands reached to me, like he wanted to hold me, touch me.

Liar

All lies.

I shot forward, hissing violently. On my hands and feet I crouched forward, forgetting all the pain. He didn’t even flinch, nothing. He just stared, waiting for me. My hisses grew quieter and I slowly got out of my offensive crouch.