1: Overwhelmed

Nia

It was quite the sight to witness, honestly, even after factoring in that crazy dream.

Glittering flashes of blue danced across the small clearing, spitting a whizzing sound as it cracked through the air; rivaled against ferocious, hungry infernos licking at the sky and eager to engulf the user of blue energy. The fire spun in cooperation of a water user's streams of jet like water- seemingly swift enough to cut through the trees outlining the clearing.

'Nia, pull yourself together.' The onlooker told herself. A Mawile, hardly smaller than average, scanned her bright red eyes across the clearing. With ease she identified the offenders, a Buizel and a Charmeleon, and the defending Pokémon, of which she could not identify the species. He was just slightly taller than her and donned cobalt blue fur with white highlights and aqua blue eyes. Two fluffy tails lashed behind him, providing much needed balance and concentration during the battle.

With a quick jump, Nia leaped out of the bushes and stepped in time next to the Buizel. Her elbow, coated in steel, rammed into his side, sending him scrambling for balance.

"Ugh...! Where the hell did you come from, brat?!" The otter growled, baring his teeth. It was just enough time.

Glancing at the blue psychic user, Nia signaled for him to attack the Charmeleon. His eyes narrowed, but he obliged, his aqua eyes and folded ears dazzling a blinding blue, sending waves of psychic energy directly at the Charmeleon. The fire type launched backwards, yelping, and slammed against a tree trunk, slumping at its base.

Nia did not lose sight of her enemy, though, jumping to dodge a disoriented Aqua Jet. Using her air, she fell hard onto the Buizel's back, clamping down on his arm with the massive jaws sprouting from the back of her head. A sharp pain began to nip at the front of her head, growing larger and larger and more difficult to bear. It was so quick, and caught her off guard. Nia choked as she suddenly found it hard to breathe; panicking when her vision was clouded with a deep, blood red haze.

*'Nia! Nia! Help me! Don't leave me!'*

It was a foreign voice, unidentified in her mind, but it turned her blood to ice. She lessened the pressure on the Buizel as her vision shifted from being focused to unfocused, feeling petrified. The forest moved in on her, closing up on her sides and strangling her mind and body- she thought she caught the overwhelming scent of blood.

Suddenly everything lurched, and Nia gasped, her lungs desperate for air, and her heart attacking her chest in a dire attempt to be released from her body. The world span momentarily as she hit her head, feeling the dust beneath her cloud at her heavy landing. Her eyes swung open in utter confusion and fear, only to be greeted kindly with the sunny sky, free of clouds. It's pale blue depths seemed endless, but inviting, and the sight somehow calmed her mind. Without the haze of battle over her, Nia felt her own voice return to her, and the unidentified voice slip out of her conscious.

"Wh-what the hell! You could have killed me! Y-you're a monster!" That voice was familiar. The Buizel stood at the Charmeleon's side, eyes widened in panic and fear as he covered his arm with a paw. His stature was crooked, leaning heavily on his right side and obviously struggling to put pressure on his right arm. Both the Buizel and the Charmeleon were caked in dust, dirt, and sweat, covered in minor injuries, aside from the bitten arm.

"I-" The Mawile began, but a headache attacked her mind again, cutting her off. Allowing it to wash over her, she waited a moment before standing up. Her posture must have mirrored the Buizel's considering the sharp aches and pains that violated her muscles. With a small grunt, she lifted her gaze to the Buizel again, who was now being supported by the Charmeleon.