Chapter 4

Today was Monday and honestly, Zayn wasn’t looking forward to his first day of school. He had already been there the other day and just by looking at it he could tell it wasn’t a nice place. There wasn’t even any students there yet, still just from the look of the place, Zayn just didn’t like it. He’d never been good with school; He was always constantly in trouble. It was never even really his fault. Those kids were asking for it, the dumb fucks. They could never just leave him alone. All he wanted was to be left alone. Was that so much to ask for? He was a loner. That’s what loner’s do. That’s just the type of person Zayn was. His last home thought that meant something was wrong and tried to make him make friends, which didn’t end up to well. They didn’t understand that was ho Zayn was. He’d always been that way, even before tragedy had struck. Zayn was going to make sure this time was different. He’d act friendly enough with the boys in the house and his foster parents, but remain his usual self most of the time. That way he didn’t have to deal with all that crap from last time. Don’t get him wrong. Its not that he doesn’t like people, he just prefers to stay away from them. He actually found himself quite liking the boys back home. Especially Niall. It was rare to find someone like that when your going from foster home to foster home. It was actually really refreshing for Zayn. He even found himself getting a bit protective over him. Probably not a normal reaction, but really, what was normal about Zayn?

    “Bus, bus, bus, bus, bus!” Niall’s screaming caused Zayn to move faster than his original leisurely pace and begin booking it. Niall was now pushing each one of the boys out of the door. First Harry, then Liam, then Louis, then Zayn, one after another.

    Niall hopped onto the bus, hoping he’d be able to hide somewhere before anyone from his usual crowd of bullies found him. Thankfully he was the second one on the bus, only after Jackie and Jackie wouldn’t say anything to Niall. They were actually friends even if they didn’t acknowledge each other at school. Louis seemed kind of shocked that Jackie was here which made Niall shake his head at Louis whose mouth was wide open in shock and finger pointing at Jackie happily. Louis had begun to really like Niall’s friends outside of school and Niall was glad Louis was being so enthusiastic. Niall really needed someone like that to pull him up when he was down.

“Didn’t anybody tell you its impolite to point peanut brain?” Jackie asked, flicking a piece of a eraser off her knee’s which were pulled up to her chin, aiming towards Louis and hitting his left shoulder with it.

“Who you calling a peanut brain… seaweed arms.” Louis attempted a come back, but it obvious lacked the fierce edge the followed each of Jackie’s insults, making it mediocre at best compared. Niall had to stifle a laugh at the severity of just how bad it was, but still continued on to the back, letting Louis sit next to Jackie and both of them slipping into a natural banter. It’d be good for Louis and Jackie to be friends. They were both seniors after all, and Niall wouldn‘t even have any classes with him.

    Niall hadn’t even noticed that Zayn had already moved his way to the middle back of the bus and took his seat, looking out the window. Harry and Liam were clinging to Niall, looking a bit scared, but Niall didn’t mind, he just lead them to the seat beside Zayn and letting them both sit as Niall sat next to Zayn. Zayn looked as if he was a bit shocked by the action, but the expression quickly turned back to dull as his attention turned back to the window and Niall sunk down a little, hoping to god no one would notice he was there. Of all people, he didn’t want any of the boys seeing him getting picked on. It was harmless, but still a bit demeaning. Niall was just hoping that Liam, who was in the same grade as him wouldn’t notice. Liam was the only one who was in his grade. Zayn was a Junior, Louis was a senior and Harry was a freshman, while Liam and Niall were sophomores. Niall was in one of Zayn’s classes though. Niall had an advanced History class that he shared with the juniors and that Zayn was in. Niall always enjoyed history. It was something he could get lost in and something that never stopped. It was happening everyday, well sort of. The bus ride seemed somehow longer than usual. Probably because he was so worried someone was going to attack him out of the blue or something. Thankfully everyone was more concerned with the new kids around him rather than him. Soon enough it was to get off the bus and the boys seemed to hesitate in their movements. All but Louis that is, whom was being pushed out by Jackie. Niall was glad Jackie decided to be Louis’ friend at school too. Niall was a bit worried about Louis because of how much he stood out in a crowd and that was certainly not a talent you wanted in high school; especially this high school. Niall walked off the bus and began to walk to the area he usual stood early in the morning before first period started. He didn’t even realized at first that he had three tails following him like lost dogs. Even Zayn, which was surprising, even to Zayn. Zayn just found himself somehow following Niall. He couldn’t help it. He didn’t know where to go, what to do, if there was going to be an actual bell or if people just knew, he didn’t know where to go, and plus, Harry and Liam were kind of hiding Behind him and pushing him forward.