Chapter 10

"Do you think she will ever wake up, Doctor?" a distant voice talking softly, it sounds familiar . Who is this person talking about tho?

"Samantha had been through a very traumatic event." Samantha? Me? But I'm here! I'm right here! "She needs the time to realize she is no longer in that situation." This person has a deep voice, I don't think I have heard it before.

"Is there anything we can try and do to help her to know she is safe?" Safe? another familiar voice said I was safe?

"Yes, you can talk to her. Let her know what happened, even if she doesn't respond. We always believe they can hear us when we talk to them." I am here guys! Can't you hear me! How am I safe?

"Thank you doctor for all you have been doing."

I feel someone grab each of my hands and squeeze. Squeeze back...can you feel that? I squeezed your hand back.

"Oh Samantha Jo Ann." Lydia? "I want you to wake up, Come back to us. I need you to wake up. Everything is fine, you will be safe now. Derek is no longer a threat."

Lydia, I'm here. I don't understand? Derek isn't a threat? He always is a threat. I am not safe.

"Hey Samantha." That sounds like Nicholas? What is he doing here? "Lydia is right Samantha, Derek is gone. He is dead to put it blatantly."

Derek is dead?...OMG! DEREK IS DEAD! I cannot believe it, he is not dead, this is all an evil trick of his. It's not Lydia or Nicholas that I am even hearing. Go away! Leave. I can't go back to Derek! I won't.

"Do you think she will ever come back to us?" those voices are still talking.

"She will. She has to. We just have to be patent with her."

Some time passes.....

Silence...All too quiet. My eyes flutter open. Where am I? I look around slowly. Hospital again? Why? I'm alone....

"H-Helllloo?" my voice don't sound like me.

Just then a nurse walks in. "Oh Ms. Theilen, welcome back! So happy to see you awake."

"What do you mean?" voice was still groggy.

"Let me get your family and the doctor and have them all explain everything. Okay?"

I nod my head.

Few minutes later, my mom, dad, Lydia and Nicholas what is he doing here? all walked in the door. Happy tears in everyone's eyes as they looked at me, as if they hadn't seen me in so long.

"Samantha." my mom's sweet voice said as she reached my bedside first and grabbed my hand tightly. My dad stood behind her as Lydia and Nicholas stood on the other side of me. I looked at each one of them at a time.

"What is the matter with all of you? I don't understand. You all act like you haven't seen me in a long time?" I question them.

"Oh sweetheart." my dad starts. "You have been out for two months."

"Two months? What why? What happened what did he do to me?" my voice started to crack.

No one seemed to want to answer my questions.

"What is the last thing you remember?" Nicholas asked. I have missed him. What? what am I thinking!

"I..ahh. I was in this weird house that Derek had brought me to. I was there alone most of the time. He did hurt me pretty bad and I was out for like a week, well that is what I was told anyway. But after that I don't really remember. That was two months ago?"