Chapter 6

Hey guys!! So sorry for the late updates! I had asked my cousin, Lei, to post a warning that I wouldn't be able to post anytime soon! But I'm back now!! I hope you enjoy this chapter!!!!
------------------------

Clarys P.O.V

I look at the door, towering over me. The door separating me and my twisted family.
The foster parents that hate me. Foster parents who promised and signed to care for me and cherish me as their own.
Obviously, it was a fluke.
I remember how happy and gullible I was as I sat on my soft bed a few years ago. When I was barely 13. 

I was ecstatic and jumping with joy as I grabbed my blue, worn out the suitcase from under the bed. Throwing the suitcase on my bed,
I popped open the travel case and turned away to start throwing in my clothing.

Ms. Jafield, the person who looked after me when my foster parents wouldn't be smiling largely and widely. She had found what she thought to be the perfect family. And I couldn't blame her.

The family looked perfect. The picture my soon-to-be family had sent in, had two parents looking down at their one daughter.

They looked so happy and I couldn't wait to feel happy.
To feel cared for. It seemed like everything I wanted. Everything was turning around for me.
I threw in the last clothing piece I had in my closet-- a pair of skinny jeans -- and then I gently laid the picture of the happy family over my mess of tangled clothes.

Ms. Jafield had sat down on the now stripped and bare mattress in the orphanage and was laughing at my happy expression. She began to pick out my clothing from the suitcase and fear washed down my body.

I stood still as Ms. Jafield finished to pick out my clothes. I stood still as Ms. Jafield looked towards me and tilted her head.
"Darling, are you alright? What's wrong?" Her voice was soft and melodious.
I gulp and look at the clothes laying strewn across the bare mattress. She followed my gaze and sighed.
"No.. they still want you. And call me selfish if I say I don't want you to leave, Hun. Cause I'll miss you like crazy." I looked back at Ms. Jafield and one of her eyes close in a wink. I laugh and lunge at her and hug her.
"Darlin' I was folding these clothes for you since your such a messy child!" She chuckles as she pulls back and strokes my hair.
"God knows this family a keeper for your Clary. They can give you what you need and want. Happiness."

I nearly laugh at the irony of it all.

I shake my head and turn the doorknob, knowing that Brooks is watching.

I can practically feel his gaze moving over my body and setting off thousands of lightning bolts inside my body.

I shake off the feeling and push open the door, noticing how the curtains laying against the opened window, falls closed.

I gulp and step inside the house, looking over my shoulder once more to spot Brooks watching me.

I look ahead and spot my foster father. His face red and his chest heaving up and down, anger practically pouring through his ears and every pore of his body.

I gulp and lean against the back of the door, shutting it behind me.

'Brooks can't see this....'
I remind myself and look towards the ground prepared for whatever my father has for punishment for being late.

The last time I was late, he locked me in my room. No food. No water for three days...
I was half-dead, laying on the ground with no will to live when my living foster sister came rushing in and took care of me.
Nothing... Nothing could beat that punishment.
And now... I'm prepared for his punishment. Whether it be the same as last time or gentler.