Chapter 6

Minho and thomas carried newt as me and gally had our guns ready just in case, "Newt, we're almost there." I said keeping an eye out, "Just leave me." Newt weakly said. an explosion caused a card fly right by us. we couldn't just walk out there with the amount of explosions going around. I looked up in the sky and saw the berg, "it's them. we gotta go." Thomas said. I tried picking newt up, "Come on newt, we gotta go!" I said, "Go without me love." Newt said coughing up blood. He started wheezing which was tearing my heart apart.

he was losing air and I could tell he was about to cry, "Minho. you gotta run ahead, grab the serums, and get back to us as soon as you can." Thomas told minho but he didn't want to leave, "Minho. go." I said softly, "They're right. I can cover." Gally said. newt grabbed minho's hand, "Thank you, minho." Newt said panting, "Hey, you just hang on. you hear me?" Minho said, "Y/N, thanks for picking newt. he really needed someone like you after everything he's been through." Minho thanked me, "Thank you minho. newt told me about what happened to him in the maze. just make sure that he gets the serum." I said hugging him. minho went with gally, "Y/N, how long can you hold out for?" Thomas be asked, "I should be fine for now." I said.

Newt looked like he was out of it. shook him to look at me, "Hey! Newt!" We yelled as he finally looked at us, "We're gonna try this. okay? let's get you up." Thomas said, "No thomas. no Y/N." Newt said trying to pull off a necklace he had, "No newt, not now. we really gotta go!" I said, "Look, you gotta take this." Newt said trying to give us the the necklace, "Come on, we gotta go now!" Thomas said, "No, JUST TAKE IT!" Newt yelled which startled us. me and Thomas both held the necklace as it was still in newt's, "Please, tommy and Y/N. please." He said with such sadness but I could tell that he didn't want us to take him. He wanted us to leave him, "All right. I need you to give me everything you got. you and me and Y/N, right now. let's go. you ready?" Thomas said ready to lift him up.

Newt screamed in pain as thomas and me picked him up. We were actually getting closer, "We're almost there, newt. stay with us." I said using all of my strength. newt started gagging and fell to the ground. we were slowly losing him. I grabbed his legs and Thomas grabbed his upper half of his body as we carried him. trying so hard but it wasn't working, "Thomas." A voice echoed thomas's name, "Can you hear me?" The voice said, "I need you to listen to me." The voice was teresa, "I know you have no reason to trust me, but I need you to come back. thomas, you can save newt and Y/N. there's still time for them. there's a reason brenda isn't sick anymore. it's your blood. do you understand? she isn't sick, because you cured her. she doesn't have to be the only one. all you have to do is come back. and this will all finally be over. please. just come back to me. I know you'll do the right thing." She said but all the lights went out. me and Thomas looked at each other. We turned around just as newt stood up on his own, "Newt?" I said shakily. He turns around and as soon as he looked at me I could tell he was gone. His eyes were black and he looked at us with such hatred,"Newt?" Thomas said as well. newt charged at us but we managed to dodge him, "Newt! It's us!" I said as he tried tackling us again. grab Thomas. tossing into the ground. I helped him up, "Tommy. Y/N. KILL ME!" he yelled, "Newt. I'm here. we're here." I said trying to walk out to him but it didn't work.

newt tackled me. pinning me down. He tried biting me and as I looked at him I couldn't see the same person. i was screaming and crying. trying to get him to stop, "NEWT, PLEASE!" I begged. he finally stopped and looked at me. he started realizing that it was me he was trying to kill, "I'm sorry love." Newt said holding my hand, "It's okay. it's okay." I said. newt grab the gun from the side of my leg and pointed at his head, "NO!" I said knocking it out of his hand. He started growling at me. Thomas tried so hard to get him and help me but I told him to stay down. newt is my priority now. If he doesn't get the serum. I feel like I've done nothing. I could feel myself getting angry but I know it's the virus. I noticed newt pulling out a knife that he had in the back of his back pocket. he hit thomas his leg which caused him to fall in pain. I tried helping Thomas but newt got on top of me again. I tried with all the strength I had to stop the knife from stabbing me in the stomach. where I tried to kill myself back in the maze. I could feel the knife jabbing inside of my skin. I screamed and screamed. thomas kicked newt off of me. I got up and so did Thomas. he kept getting closer and closer swinging the knife at us.