Investigate

Standing at the door, talking to Ava was the highlight of Roman 's morning. She made her heart smile, something she thought she could never do genuinely. Her heart was racing as she walked back to her house. Ava made her nervous, but in a good way. She was excited for whatever would come out of her beautiful mouth. I'm not a lesbian. She thought. Or was she?

When she got back into her house, she made her way up the stairs, to get ready for work.

***

Life is meant to be enjoyed for you only live once. That comment is highly protested by committed deeply pious people, however, even so, it's not worth wasting a life no matter how long you'll live after that. So live it to the fullest, however that may be.

To Roman, having fun in the shower is a must. The warm jets of water colliding with her smooth skin whilst she jammed out to her number one hit solo to a hundred thousand people- in her mind and somehow not naked- pretending that they all loved and adored her.

The shower was the only place she could really express herself and not feel embarrassed or judged. It was called singing in the shower for a reason; no matter how bad and off pitch she could be, nobody could say anything as they weren't there to witness her killer dance moves and stripped down, raw vocals that blew the soaps away.

So, as she stood there in the rays of steaming water, jamming out her first ever cover to 'I'm Feeling Good' to her adoring 'fans', the thoughts of Ava and her possible homosexuality were irrelevant. All that mattered at that moment was her performing her best.

The shower head was her mic. And the spewing water was the collection of roses being thrown as she sung the hardest note during the song.

By the end of her final world stadium tour stop, Roman wasn't even interested in the possibility of being gay that she had divulged in today. Sure, she wasn't bothered by it. However, she'd wanted answers as to why she was just now feeling this way.

Five minutes through an off-key 'Chateau' and 'Wish u the best' by Blackbear and her father was banging on the door, demanding her to get out. "You've gotta leave in fifteen minutes."

Roman quickly scrambled out of the shower, towel drying her hair as much as she could. After getting dressed and brushing her damp hair though, she grabbed her backpack and car keys and she was out.

"Bye!"  , as she ran out the door.

***

Starbucks in Palo Alto wasn't as busy as one would expect it to be. It was boring and Roman just stood, waiting for someone to come in and order something that took longer than a minute and forty-five seconds. Since she wasn't allowed on her phone, she was more bored than usual. Eventually, people started drifting in, as lunchtime started. It became more crowded during the lunch hours.

"Hi, Welcome to Starbucks, my name is Roman, how may I help you?" she was pretty sure she'd said that just about fifty-six times within the past hour.

After multiple espressos, java chips, and nonfat soy lattes, the lunch crowd dwindled down and she was allowed her thirty-minute break.

She sat at one of the booths after making herself something to boost her energy until 8 tonight and pulled out her phone. She had multiple snaps and wondered if there were any videos of the night previous.

She began going through Claire's story. All she saw were snaps of herself and drunk snaps and selfies. So she skipped through that and went to Raye's. His was the same, except a few with Jason. She skipped through to Kat's knowing she had to be there last night. Her's was full of snaps of Evan and a bunch of herself, mostly her just singing to songs and showing off her body. Roman rolled her eyes at that. She watched a bunch of other people's stories until she reached a kid named Anthony's snapchat. All over it was videos of Roman doing random things. Like, chugging a funnel of beer, making out with a mysterious girl, flashing her chest, and winning beer pong. She slapped her hand on her forehead, embarrassment flowing through her veins. She'd thought she'd gotten the party girl phase out of her a long time ago.