Installment Four

Sasha stretched slowly, a yawn leaving her as she felt her muscles unclench and finally she sat up. Her bedding fell around her waist in a gentle wave of fabrics, before she slid out of bed, her feet finding comfortably warm, and soft slippers. Looking around her empty room, she rubbed the sleep from her eyes and headed into the kitchen. Wulfe stood by her brother, and father as the older male ‘cat made breakfast, the scent of the food meeting her nose and making her let out a soft purr of pleasure.

“Something smells delightful, daddy. Is that my breakfast?” She teased, moving towards the vampire, and male ‘cats, offering each a hug in greeting.

Her father laughed with a soft shake of his head, “Yes, Kitten.” He stated, placing three plates on the table, as Wulfe took a glance at the rising sun, “Your room is set up in the basement Wulfe, why don’t you go rest now before you ‘die’ on my kitchen floor?” The ‘cat added to the vampire.

Wulfe chuckled with a nod, and after bidding his ‘good nights’ The Wizard made his way to the basement, settling in comfortably in the darkness, and resting on a bed where he’d spend his day dead until the moon rose again.

Sasha smiled as she dug into the fried trout, wondering what kind of special occasion it was that had her dad making Trout. While it wasn’t uncommon for the felines to eat fish (they were cats, where they not) it didn’t meant that they were often served fish for breakfast. Digging in she almost missed her brother’s sudden comment.

“So, when are we meeting with the pack again?” Her fork clanked against the glass plate, her head snapping up.

Her father grinned at her, “Your ‘wolf came by earlier, before you woke up, stating the pack wanted to speak with the pride. He was very disappointed that you weren’t up yet.”

Sasha stood up quickly, “We’re . . . . meeting with Seth?” She frowned.

Her father grin grew, “No, we’re meeting with the whole pack. In . . . twenty minutes.” A hiss left his daughter’s mouth before she ran to her room to get ready. “Silly Kitten.”

-------------------------------------------------------

Seth was pacing, repeatedly pacing. They should be here. Why weren’t they here yet? They were ten minutes late already! Had something happened, was Sasha okay? A suddenly howl had him freezing before running out the door, knowing that it meant the pride was finally on the way. Sasha. He’d get to see Sasha again soon.

He moved to wait on the porch, the pride clearing the forest near by and his eyes scanned the faces before finding the dark blue eyes of his mate. She was here. He grinned, instantly moving towards her ignoring her hiss of warning as he embraced her. He’d missed her greatly in their time apart.

Instantly, as her scent filtered through his nose, his arms wrapped around the blue eyed female he could feel his inner wolf settle down, it clearly was just as delighted as he was to be close to her once again.

She didn’t last long before she managed to pull free of his hold, and he immediately pouted at her rejection as his favorite little kitty folded her arms and hissed faintly. He’d have been more annoyed if he hadn’t noticed the blush on her cheeks that showed she was embarrassed rather than actually resisting him. It gave him a certain amount of hope that perhaps this thing between them would work out. Even if she wasn’t quite willing to believe it herself . . .

No, his kitten had already proven that while she was giving him the benefit of the doubt, she didn’t believe that anything serious could come from them. From a ‘wolf, and ‘cat relationship. But he was a ‘wolf, and they were destined to be together. His wolf had claimed her, and he had to admit it was a very good choice.