The Daughter of Vera

Soon, Vera found the tainted orb; which didn't take long considering it was more prominent, similar to how easily you notice a sore thumb.

She couldn't help it.

Vera reached out, hesitatingly skimming her fingers along the streams and rivulets in the orb, a distinct pattern of intertwined dark and light.

But as the very tip of her classy and gentle hands touched the mere surface, the dark began to unravel away from the light, following the warmth of Vera's hands.

And she smiled, soft and simple and easy.

"Look at you, Child..." Vera whispered, her voice a mere vibration in the hum of the room; the hum being generated from the untamed and unusable orbs.

"You've tainted...Jophiel proposed to suggest a way beyond for you, but I have something more."

The orb, seeming to be responding to the Angel, vibrated in its place, causing the shelf to shake and rattle with both excitement and desire.

"Calm yourself! Before you mistakenly wake the others!" Vera scolded as she produced a scolding finger, causing the orb to still only into a hyperactive, vibrating pace, the exciting news not being able to benefit the orb's ordinarily ecstatic ways.

Vera bit her lip unsteadily and examined the doorway, sure that no one would disturb the process. But just to be sure, she rubbed her thumb and forefinger together, an ignited electricity warming her skin. Soon, her abilities aroused and she naturally and effortlessly moved a massive desk to secure the doorway.

Then, she began.

Vera reached into her satchel, and with delicate hands, she drew the blazing, radiating orb of her essence in her palms, marveling how it seemed to vibrate towards the tainted orb even in her hands as if they were two magnets drawn to one another.

Her essence. All of her characteristics and capabilities and passions and aspirations all balled up into that ball of the essence; her essence.

The same essence God had formed after millennia of morphing and molding it, only to be extracted from its original owner to be placed in a human soul.

But she had to...She had to for Father's creation...and for him. For Gabriel.

"Little one...This is I. This orb...It is who I was intended to be, but only now have I apprehended it that I was to be its place to prosper and fashion into its truest form until its pure mold is born. Which has ultimately been chosen to be you...You are tainted, yes, but so am I...In truthfulness, I am the act of wickedness. I am the taint that contaminates your being. Father made the very actions of empathy and fault for this essence, my essence. He created those characteristics to build the distinct, empathetic yet selfless warrior. And I have compiled myself to realize now that I cannot be of such things...I see it in you." Vera had radiated with the finest purity of hope.

Then she reached forward, hesitant at the first second, but then willing and assured in the next.

Vera was the act of sureness. Of confidence. Fearlessness and enough judgemental qualities that would cause her to dwell deeper on better, more achievable and sure plans.

She was the reason as to why these qualities existed.

She is the art of wit. Of uncertainty. Of impracticality, selfishness, and the performance of impossibility.

But she was also the empathizer. The dreamer. She was the hope in all things gone deranged and uncertain.

And God himself made these qualities just for her, and now she passed them on.