Chapter Five: Diagon Alley

A/n: Thank you for all the warm support you are all giving me for this first Harry Potter Fanfiction of mine! Thank you so much! :)

...

August 31.

Harry Potter and Dudley Dursley received their Hogwarts Letters and the requirements they would need to be in Hogwarts after many days of waiting for it. Harry read it happily with Severus and Medea Snape in the living room after an owl perched on the living room's table. Snape, of course, is very proud and happy for his adopted son who will be beginning his first year in Hogwarts. When Petunia read the requirements like cauldrons, a wand, black robes, and a lot of books for the first year in Hogwarts that she would need to buy for Dudley, she became really worried about how she could help her son get all the magical school equipment and books her son needs. Dudley is definitely excited too. Luckily, Medea came up to them at their home by Severus's order.

Petunia Evans stared closely at her outside their home when she found her standing in front of her house. "Are you really Severus's sister?"

Medea looked at her with a frown and folded her arms. "I'm not my brother. Remember that. I also don't like Muggles like you but my brother seemed to like you as a friend already. My brother wants you to come with them so he could help you buy Dudley's stuff."

Petunia thanked her after that and called her own son to join her. Dudley joined his mother after he finished taking a bath. He wore a simple, red shirt and black trousers. He's also very chubby like his father who never showed up anymore at their home.

...

Medea knocked on the door of Severus Snape's house after they have arrived. It was Harry who opened the door for them. When he saw his aunt, he forced himself to smile at them, but he's delighted to see his cousin back. Since Dudley knew that he is also like Harry, he never bullied him anymore and accepted him willingly that they became best friends. 

Harry Potter was already wearing a black robe like Severus who joined them already at the Living Room after he heard his door open. Dudley joined him upstairs after Harry asked him if he wants to see his room and knew some basic things about the Magical World of Witches and Wizards. He called it more as 'Wizarding World' that can only be seen by them and by the people connected to them. Right there and then, when they arrived inside Harry's huge room in Severus's house in Privet Drive, he told Dudley about Hogwarts and the four, Great Houses.

Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin are the four Houses of Hogwarts. 

"As I know, Gryffindor is for the brave. Its symbol is the Lion, Ravenclaw is for those intelligent persons, Hufflepuff represents those who are loyal and friendly and the last are the Slytherins. Slytherins are cunning and highly ambitious," Harry said to him. "Dad's a Slytherin. I wonder what house I'll be in."

Dudley sat on Harry's soft bed and said to him, "I might end up in Hufflepuff."

"Dad said that it's better to be in Hufflepuff. Most dark wizards were Slytherin. I'm happy that my father isn't though," Harry said to him. He opened the door already after he took his black bag. "We've got to go! Dad will drive us in Leaky Cauldron."

The two kids ran downstairs quickly and when they were already there, Petunia, Severus, Harry, and Dudley waved goodbye to Medea. Severus reminded his sister, "Take care of the house while Harry and I aren't here. Do you understand?"

Medea smiled at his brother. "I'll be very careful, brother." 

She gave him his huge bags already and let the two kids get inside the passenger seat while Petunia and Severus entered the silver car.