Chapter 7~ Park Jimin

ITS 3:25 IN THE MORNING, ON A MONDAY.  Namjoon's really done it this time. He's decidedly, 'new and improved' ingenious idea inquires that I enroll in the same school that Chae attends. He claims it'll allow me to "get closer with her." I never signed up for this! Then again, when do I ever? I mean, I remember the strategy being; find where she lives and keeps an eye on her- NOT camouflage myself as an "atypical" schoolboy. I don't even know how I'm gonna do this?

***

Taehyung strolls inside my small closet-sized office and pitches a package at me.
    "Your uniform." He says, hiding a laugh. I want to shove the package up his ass.
"Tell me again why I'm doing this and not Jungkook?" I yell.
Tae mindlessly shrugs his shoulders and exits without another noise.
    "You heard Namjoon, You're doing this." Jin's voice awakens. He's occupying a client chair in my office and using the other like a footrest. His computers balanced on his lap while he's working.
"I flunked out of High School once I was old enough. There's no chance in hell I'm going back." I flake, shoving the bag away from me.
"This is redemption then." Jin doesn't even peer up from his laptop.
    "You're one to talk." I breathe.  Jin's too absorbed into his work to say anything back.

Namjoon walks past my door. "Orders are orders, Jimin." He speaks crudely and returns to his job prior. I pick up the grey package to toss it at him like a hacky-sac, but Namjoon's already gone.
"What about my job? At the tattoo shop? I have customers and appointments."
"Joon called them. You're using your vacation time and Henry rebooked your appointments. They're booked with Ping until you come back."
"You bastards," I say it loud enough for him to hear.
"Open the bag." Namjoon growls from where ever he is.

    I rip the tab and hook my finger inside for the clothing. Horrific dark blue tacky sweater follows my fingers outside the bag along with a pair of beige khakis. I have to wear this? My cheeks hurt and a groggy lump formulates in the back of my esophagus.

Jin's eyes shift off the glow from his screen and upon witnessing the mess of moronic fabric in my hands, he turns hysterical. His whale-like giggle spreads in the hollow room, snagging the not-hard-to-obtain attention of the other boys.
Soon, Jungkook and Hoseok pour into my office and ensure laughter as well.
"Shut it." I bark.
The collection of snickers die out. "Jin, I cannot wear this." I think pleading with gets me out of this.
"You don't have a choice." Jin starts one of his famous lectures about responsibility and how I need to step up to the plate and do this without complaining.
I bite down on my tongue the whole time to keep myself from saying anything.

I see Jungkook's teeth shining inside his mouth while I'm being berated. His eyes are gleaming with total amusement. I disregard Jin and walk up to him.
"I could punch that look right off you're face." I stab my finger into his chest. Kook gulps before fearfully dropping the smirk.
"Check yourself Jimin!" Jin snaps. I shift my eyes but he is still working on his laptop.
"Watch myself? I'm tryna' rationalize here. But I have you three laughing at me like it's all a goddamn joke!"
"Give me a break Jimin, and do as you're told." Jin rolls his neck like it's dough in his hands.

"Why should I." I clench.
Jin doesn't finish typing. He gets up and before I can blink I'm slammed into the concrete.
"We have a damn plan. Jimin," Jin grasps my face. "It requires you to fucking cooperate."
He let's go of my collar and plops back down in his chair and gets back to cracking at his keyboard. I want to fight till death about this, but today isn't the day to die on that hill.

I suck a deep breath into my lungs and calm myself. Hobi and Jungkook are still in the room. They have their mouths open, wide enough to catch flies. I send them both an evil glare that spells 'get out.' They take the memo and leave.
I trace over the empty package. The ratchet cardigan is a ball on my desk, in all its ugly glory.
"Put it on. School starts soon." Jin's still angry. I can hear it lingering inside his gut when he talks.
"Yeah," I stuff the clothes back inside the bag and walk out the room as well.