Chapter 2

~Ariana's POV~

Lunch with my family was hell. I was sitting at a table next to Satan himself. I couldn't believe I had once slept with that little, tiny, insignificant, piece of–

"Can I get you anything to start?" The waitress asked in an overly excited voice.

Yes, you could shut your mouth. Maybe button up your shirt. 

That's what I felt like saying, but instead said, "Coffee. Oh and maybe a glass of ice water."

"I knew you were drinking last night." Mother whispered. It was far from a whisper. The whole restaurant heard, but only my table reacted.  I got about fifty different speeches and reminded of my poor uncle who drove off of a bridge because he had too much to drink. What made matters even worse was the fact that that stupid waitress was standing there the whole time. 

I was set on taking care of myself before pleasing anyone else.  Besides, I did nothing wrong. So what, I had a few drinks, big deal? I'm twenty fucking four years old. I should be allowed to get wasted. I'm allowed to have a bad day. My family was never able to admit when they were wrong. They were all robots who spent their entire lives showing off to other people. 

I quietly stood up from the table and made my way to the ladies room, trying very hard not to trip over anything.  A few minutes after I made it into the bathroom, Carolyn walked in. She was the absolute last person I wanted to see.  I mean talk about fake. This girl was all fake.

She was the worst type of bitch. The happy bitch. The one who was overly nice. She was acting like the innocent. How ironic.

"What's wrong, Ari?" She asked me.  I was standing in front of the counter looking at my reflection waiting for tears to come but none came. I closed my eyes.  "Come on Ariana it's me. Remember, we are best cousins. You can talk to me. Is it your mom? It's not that big of a deal. I mean a girl should be allowed to indulge in something every once in awhile, even if that involves swallowing poison." 

Like she's never gotten drunk before. I was there the first time. I was the one who held her hair back as she emptied out in the toilet of a club. I was there the second time too. 

"No Carolyn!" I yelled  whipping my head around. My ponytail whacked me in the face but I ignored it. "Stop being such a fake bitch! Are you really that stupid or do you just not like me? We are best cousins, right? Best fucking cousins!" I yelled looking up at the ceiling. I chuckled. "What kind of a best cousin would make me be a bridesmaid at this wedding? Don't come to me with that bullshìt act. Acting like you care. If you cared you wouldn't have been a whore. You wouldn't have let him stick his dick inside of you. 

"I know you were a bad girl and did it before the wedding. And I know that you don't want anyone to find out. Did I tell anyone? No I didn't because I am a good person."  Her mouth hung open at my sudden outburst.

"W-well you're the one who broke up with him in the first place. I didn't do anything—" 

"Oh. My. God. Just please stop talking." I lowered my voice. "For the thousandth time I know I'm the one who ended it. I know that technically you did nothing wrong, but technically you did. We are family Carolyn, and it hurts to know how selfish you really are, that you would fly into his arms only two weeks after we ended. It makes me think that there was something going on before." I explained.  "You know what, go tell you fiancé what I said to you. Go tell your mom, go tell my mom. Tell the whole fucking restaurant. I don't really care anymore."  I left the bathroom and returned to the table like nothing had happened.

Carolyn returned shortly after I did. Her eyes were watery. You could tell she was crying. "Awe what happened, baby?" Mac, her fiancé asked. 

She sniffed, loudly. "Oh it's nothing. I'll be fine. Let's eat."