Chapter 3

~Camila's POV~

"What's happening to you?" Sean asked as we entered the bar. He snatched my cell out of my hands.

"Nothing." I said, taking my phone back. My father was the problem. He wasn't supposed to reach out to me and he knew it. He did anyways. Either something was wrong or he was on those damn pills again. I didn't answer the call. I let it ring and ring until he was sent to voicemail. If it was really him, and he really needed something he would find me some other way.

All my past ancestors died young. They lived long enough to pop out a few kids and keep the family name going. I didn't want that. My father knew I didn't want that, and he didn't want that for me.

"I'm fine. Let's go. I need a drink." I said, heading over to the bar.

"You see her?" Sean asked me as I took the first sip of my drink. "I've been watching her for three days now."

"That's not creepy at all."

Sean laughed. "Nah. I haven't been stalking her. She's been down here the same time as me. Point is I want her, but that big black guy is always around." I couldn't help but laugh.

"So you want me to use my Mafia ties to scare him away." Sean thought I was joking. That's what he needed to believe.

"Exactly. You can charm her away from him then pass her onto me." I sighed.

"Fine I—" Got cut off. She looked so sad, but she was mesmerizing. She was mumbling something, and sitting in front of a lot of drinks. Please tell me she didn't drink all of those by herself. Tell me that Alex, the bartender didn't actually serve her all those drinks.

"What the fuck are you looking at Mila?" Sean followed my gaze to the little brunette with the black dress. A dress that hugged all of her curves perfectly.

"Or should I say who are you looking at?" He laughed at his pathetic joke. Could that even be considered a joke?

"Shut up." I snapped quickly looking away.

"She looks pretty wasted. You could probably—"

"I could and probably would strangle you if you finish that sentence."

Most people are scared of me. So many people have called me intimidating. Even when I was having a good day they would tell me to cheer up, or ask why I looked so mad. I guess I just had one of those faces that looked scary.

Sean just laughed off my threat. "Go kick that guy's ass. That girl is mine."

So I did. I walked up to both of them and just started talking to the girl like her friend wasn't even there. Usually acting like the lost foreigner who barely knew any English worked for me. My act worked on this girl. She told her friend that she would see him later. The man wasn't scary at all. He left without question.

"You know, princessa." I told her. "I have this friend." Lay on the accent thick. "He thinks that you are very... What's the word again? It is like very pretty."

"Beautiful." She offered.

"Ah si. Exactly. He thinks you are very beautiful, but he is also shy." I took a sip of my drink. "Does he look like something you'd be interested in?" I pointed over to Sean who was pretty attractive. I was a gay woman, but if I was being honest he did have the looks. The blonde girl looked over at Sean's brown shaggy hair. Her eyes roamed over his lean muscles and back up. All you could see was the back of him, because he was facing the soccer game.

"I guess so." She said. "He is really cute." I nodded. "You should go for it."

"I will, but tell me your name first." I chuckled and looked down to the floor. "But I already have a girlfriend."