Chapter 7

* FIRST OFF....HOLY FUCK.^^🤤😩**

okay moving on 😂🖤

~Ariana’s POV~

“What did he mean by it’s not good enough?” I asked my assistant, Stephanie. “We have been working on this project for an entire month now. If he wants it to be done over then I am going to need specifics.”

“So, how do I tell him that?” She asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders, frustrated. I wasn’t mad at her. It was Gavin. Gavin, the stuck up forty year old fashion designer who thought he was above everyone else.

“I don’t care. Just make sure you get the message across.”

I dropped myself down on the rolling chair. Gavin was my boss and he thought far too highly of himself. Sure, he was excellent at what he did, but if you judged him strictly off appearance, you’d have no idea. This man would walk around the office criticizing everyone’s outfit, but he didn’t care to take a shot at himself even though his wardrobe needed the most help. I know his wife recently left him but please, if he is going to run a place like this, hold everyone to insanely high standards and say the things he says, then he might as well look up to it, not like someone who’s permanent residence is in the subway.

I have been working on the damn project for a little over a month now and when he gave it back to Stephanie, the feedback we received was, “I see mistakes. Fix them.”

Fix what Gavin?  Fix fucking what?

I should've given him the stupid report on my own. Gavin liked me better than most people, and he was afraid of my father. Yes. I got this job through my dad. He’s good friends with GAvin’s father, but that wasn’t the only reason. All dad did was set me up with the interview. I did the rest on my own.

Speaking of my dad, I suddenly remembered that I had dinner plans with him tonight. Actually, right now.

Just as I was about to leave, Stephanie walked by my office.

“He said to forget about it, but he wants to have a meeting with you sometime this week.”

I nodded my head. Gavin was a crabby son of a bitch. He didn’t really have a problem with my work, he just liked to create problems. I had no idea what the meeting was going to be about, but I told Stephanie to schedule it for me anyway.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.”

She nodded her head with a smile in response.

Stephanie was new here. She had recently graduated from an intern position, so they stuck her with me. I really liked her and I loved the extra help. The only thing I didn’t like was how little confidence she had in herself. I constantly praised her work, hoping that she would realize how great she is at what she does and how successful she is, but it doesn’t work. Gavin probably had something to do with that. He loved to put fear into his employees. ((A/N yeah I know I know lol))

I left my office then. I passed Gavin’s office to find him watching a football game.

“Goodnight.” I called.

“Ariana! Come here I want to talk to you.” Dammit, I knew I should've kept walking.

“What’s wrong?” I asked with a fake smile plastered on my face.

“Do you know a good lawyer?”

Was he serious? This man was the CEO of a multi billion dollar company. I sure as hell hoped he had a few lawyers.