Chapter 1. Meet the Royals

I've been awake for fifteen minutes now but my body refused to get up and just continued rolling over and over until sleep was completely gone from my consciousness. The sound of the alarm from the huge clock-tower signaling it's already 6 in the morning alerted me. It was located just beside, but quite distanced, from the palace but I can hear the ring loud and clear and it has always been my wake up call since I occupied Princes Impériaux (the name of the quarters I'm staying with the literal meaning “Crown Princes”). It is the biggest individually-owned room in the palace. It has two bedrooms, a living room, a dining room and two more rooms for the occupants leisure use. It is also the only separated quarters from the palace which is also a plus-plus because it gives me a little more privacy.

I only got another fifteen minutes to groom myself for breakfast and the exact time the King arrives at the dining table. Of course He should be the one to arrive there last (something to do with customs about the most important person in the palace shouldn't be waiting blah blah) and being later than that, specially if you are the Crown Prince, means big trouble I'm yet to know since I was never late for the Big Royal Breakfast. I try to be the best Prince I could be just to compensate what my looks has denied me. Don't get me wrong, I'm far from being ugly as you might be thinking now.

I pushed the sheets off of me and hop out of bed. I caught my reflection as I walk out of the glass doors of my enormous bedroom. I saw a lean and muscular topless teenager wearing white pajamas with jet black hair that falls until the end of the neck with matching brown eyes and very pale white skin. He has a fair pointy nose, thin pinkish lips and a very small birthmark near the right eye. Palace people said I'm extremely good looking (which my mind still tries to process as the probable truth) and I've got the Queen to back it up but of course, she's my Mom so it's expected for her to say that. For those “Other People”, well you can never say bad things in the Crown Prince's face, can you? But in spite of it all, I know that I am not the image of the Crown Prince everyone was expecting. It don't take words to know the obvious.

I slid the door and emerge to the living room where my Adviser/Secretary/Teacher/Good Friend was waiting as I expected him to be.

“Good morning your Majesty.” he greeted.

“Good morning Sebastian.” I replied. Sebastian is neither old nor young. He's like one of those people in the middle crisis. He's got slightly graying hair which was comb stylishly to one side, jet black eyes. He is wearing the usual coat and tie and his serious expression to top all that.

“A late start Crown Prince, in fact too late for comfort but the bath is all set. You still got 13 minutes to prepare.” he said disapprovingly but not without respect.

“I'm sorry. I just can't find the strength to get up this morning. I'll be up as fast as I can.” I promised as I made my way to my bathroom. I'm not sure what punishment awaits me if I get late for the meal but what I'm sure is Sebastian will get the worse end of the string and I don't want that to happen.

In less than 10 minutes, I emerge out of the shower wearing a white slim fit, button-down long sleeves paired with beige skinny khaki pants designed with suspenders. It's Saturday, meaning no classes. Yeah, even princes need to go to school, (Crown Princes not exempted). I'm 17 years old so I'm a senior high school student at this school named Iverson University. Yup. Aren't you surprised there's an honorary school for our family? Well, it's part of what I heard they call “Perks of Royal Stardom” so it is expected.

“That should have broken some records, your Majesty.” Sebastian commented as we walk our way towards the palace.

“I told you, I always got your back.” I answered.

My quarters looks like a miniature structure besides the enormous two-story building of the White Palace. This majestic infrastructure was standing here at Greenfield City, Laguna since King Hugo's sovereign. The palace's exterior was never white, but the old King was the one who designed and gave it the name so it was kept that way in honor of him. The sun was barely up and the warmth it exudes felt good as we passed through front yard where a big fountain stands tall at the center and four benches were placed accordingly around it. I can see the main entrance from where we currently are now. It would've been faster to get to the dining hall if I used the service door right across my quarters but custom says Royals enter at the entrance, service doors are for the common people, which I thought of course is just another rubbish. Whoever made it like that probably was some kind of a mentally impaired person.