The Meeting of Death

Okay, so I'm dead. I'm not going to die, but I'm actually dead. Let's just say that my friends weren't being smart and they were driving recklessly and we crashed into a tree. I was in the side that rammed into the tree. So I'm dead. I'm pretty sure everyone else is alive. I really hope so. I want them to live the rest of their lives peacefully and not die an untimely death. I don't want to see them early.

I'm still in the car, awaiting to be picked up or something. I don't know what happens when people die. I look around and spot a boy materializing in front of me. He was clad in a gray beanie, a black hoodie, a pair of skinny jeans, and some converse. He's actually pretty cute. The boy walked up to me and held his hand through the car door. I grab his hand and I'm pulled out of the car.

"Hello, my name is Death and you, madam, are dead." the boy, Death, says in a soft, but sort of scratchy voice. Wait, this kid is Death? Seriously? No way.

"Um, I'm sorry, but, um, I thought you were supposed to be dressed in a long black cloak and have a death scythe or something." I say quietly not wanting to upset him. He just chucked and shook his head.

"Sorry to disappoint ya miss, but that's definitely not me. You humans always have this weird thing about me and it's hilarious. You guys make me seem morbid and all that stuff." Death laughed, amused. "Now, we need to get going. I have other people to amaze."

Death snapped his fingers and we were suddenly in a white room. He gestured to a chair; a sign to sit down. I sat down in the chair. "So, this is limbo. You're to be here for a bit until that guy-" he pointed to a middle aged man- "decides if you're going to Heaven or Hell."

"Alright." I nod an 'okay' and he snapped his fingers once again and he disappeared, probably never to be seen by me again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 352