Two

"Now come on Sammy! Scream that delectable sound." Sam's voice was hoarse.

It's felt like many centuries had passed in the cage. "Don't do this. Please. Stop."

"I love to hear you beg, Sammy. Alright. I'll stop for now. 5 minute break sound good?" The devil offers up - his back against the side of the cage. While Sam was hoisted up with metal chains. Unable to break free.

Sam knew this was a nightmare. More specifically a memory his subconscious had his from him - the cage was traumatic to his psyche. But he needed to view this memory. He wasn't able to change the memory in any sort of way. Sam remained a bypasser - a ghost haunting his dream.

He hears himself ask, "Tell me something. Since we've stopped."

"You've been good. Reacting to me. I guess I can partake in some conversation." Lucifer chided. Walking till he's standing in-front of Sam.

"How was grace created?"

Lucifer looked stunned at the question. "Why the sudden interest, Sammy?" Lucifer uses his grace to heal some minor wounds from Sam's body. Wanting to experience every little reaction again.

"Well we are kind of stuck together. And I know that some decent conversation will let me evade some torture for a few minutes more."

"Huh caught a brave streak, champ? I guess I can give you this answer Sammy! Anything for you. Alright let's see oh right so Dad created Angels but you know that - created Micheal, Me, Raphael and little bro Gabriel. But to do that he created another before us. More powerful than us as low as I am to admit that there's a more powerful being then me - dad's first creation was the origin of our grace. Of our whole being. And how I was gifted with my grace. Okay enough conversation and back to our festivities."

Lucifer gets in Sam's face and touches his lips with his giving Sam a peck on the lips. "Unless you changed your mind? Didn't think so. You're not that easy. And I'm okay with that."

Sam had left early in the morning. He had grabbed the keys to Baby as Dean would call the ancient black Chevy Impala that still hummed to life after all these years.

He had been on the road and had gotten far enough away Sam finalized that he wasn't able to track and he had turned off his phone so they couldn't track him.

First he needed to capture some demons. And that meant working a case. He had saw that their was some recent demon activity in Omaha, Nebraska just one state over. He left the music off. Music - Dean's music would only remind him that Dean wasn't there next to him. That Micheal had him. Each minute of every day.

Afternoon hit after a couple hours on the road and Sam had pull Baby to a gas station to refill. Getting out and heading inside to prepay that's when he smelt it. Even when Chuck had rescued him and his brother and had whipped away the addiction. He could still smell the blood of a demon. And wasn't it a shock to see a demon working behind the register.
It's eyes looked up and instantly went black, "Winchester? What how, why?" Sam was the only human there. A gas station in the middle of nowhere. How was this place still open.
"I'm going have to borrow you if you don't mind." Sam says taking out a flask of holy water and dousing the demon.
Steam rose from brunt skin. Distraction enough to kick the demon unconscious. Carrying the teenage boy out. And putting the demon in the trunk where a devil's trap was inked in the middle by red spray paint. He didn't look at the teen. He didn't let himself wonder if the demon kept the boy alive.

Sam quickly found an abandoned cabin. Good enough, he supposed for what it was for. He'd hauled the unconscious kid and sat him down on a chair beneath a devil's trap. Tied him up real good for measure. Sam took a swig out of a whiskey bottle Dean and him saved up for special occasions. And he counted this as one.

Taking the flask filled with blessed water - he doused the demon therefore waking it up. It screamed and it filled the hunter's ears. He pocketed Ruby's mystical knife that could kill demons if pierced through the skin. His mind reeled back to Ruby. The traitorous demon at the end had tricked Sam into consuming huge amounts of demonblood all in fake truth to kill Lilith. Sam didn't know by giving the death blow he was the one to break the last seal and release Satan onto the world.

He remembered the addiction. The high demonblood had afforded him. The sense of security and raw, untamed power that coursed through his veins was just another bonus. He needed his powers back. It was all for Dean. That's what he said to himself. He didn't want to think of Jack or Mary or Castiel. There reaction and what they simply couldn't comprehend. Was enough to get him going. "You're going to make yourself useful." Sam uttered the demon replied spitefully, "I'm not telling you anything. Cause there isn't anything to know anymore. You and your brother killed our father!" Sam poured the last of the holy water, "What makes you say you're going to talk?" With Ruby's knife in his hand he could feel how hard his heart was pounding against his chest. He could smell it already and he hadn't even cut into skin. The demon watched the hunter who pierced the side of his throat urning a yell from the demon, "Really. We're back to drinking demon blood. Just kill me." The demon complained. Already having enough. He took an empty water jug and held it to the demon's neck. Watching as sticky-red liquid drips down onto the clear bottom. His eyes trained and focused on the blood.

Wetting his lips in anticipation.