Chapter 5

"Oh god! Why did I just say that umm I'm so sorry" Phil backed up, his face now scarlet.
" it's alright.." dan said bluntly. Completely stunned by the compliment. " I've never had a compliment before" he chuckled rubbing the back of his feathery neck, going slightly pink in the cheeks.
Phil smiled. " well it is true, but angels are always said to be unbelievably beautiful" he grinned still bright red. dan started to giggled and glide about the roof through the snow with joy. Phil watched dan float to the ground and sit looking up at the sparkling snowflakes being melted by his red hot face. "Soooooo philly" dan smiled and patted the ground next to him for Phil to sit on, "let's talk, I've always wanted to meet you since you were a little kid, we used to talk a little but I could never answer you" Phil sat and listened quietly to dan " you were such a kind man to the world, your mum and dad were so proud of you... I hope you know that" he smiled sadly and he could sense that Phil had began to cry.
He scooped Phil's shoulders into a soft hug and dan placed his forehead directly onto Phil's as he sobbed. " I know it's hard to let go... but soon you'll be like me and protect someone special"
Phil looked up but didn't move away, he looked directly into dans golden eyes, dan looked back curiously. Phil felt..... love. It all happened so suddenly. Phil's lips touched dans fast and as they did dan tried to push away, his eyes manic and angry! Phil started to feel an overwhelming dread and he started to fall into a dark dark place in his mind, dan pushed Phil's face away "you can't do that Phil!!!! You just can't!!!! A HUMAN AND AN ANGEL TOGETHER IS FORBIDDEN!! its against my rules....." he curled up far away from Phil a red and black aura around him instead of his white and gold mist he usually had. " I'm sorr..." dan cut him off " you're such an idiot! You just died and your trying to come to terms with leaving your living parents and friends and you tried to kiss me!? What the hell phil?"
" I... i. Well I felt a force pulling me towards you and I acted on it. I'm sorry" Phil looked down in shame after a few seconds of silence....
" no I'm sorry..." dan whispered " I should have told you. It's just... it's just not right philly" dan suddenly hugged Phil again, he was back to his white and gold happy self. Dan mumbled into Phil's chest but Phil didn't hear it.
" what?"
" nothing Phil. Don't worry about it"
" do you want to sleep here tonight then it's off to 'the after life'" dan chuckled a little tense.
" sure we can sleep here. It's pretty comfy" phil started to lie down.
" ummm phil. Would you like me to use my wings as a blanket cus we'd stay warm that way..."
" ok" Phil smiled as dan wrapped them both up in his giant wings. It was surprisingly comfy and not too cramped.
" goodnight philly.."
" goodnight Danny"